Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Savoyâ
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Savoyâ|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||(SIL, Ethnologue)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Savoyard||Language name in English|
|Language name||Savoyâ||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q2490038 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Project name||vouikipédia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||vouikipédia, l'êssiklyopédi libra||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Savoie flag.svg||135x135 PNG derivative from a decent SVG image (instructions)|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Savoy||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example for a Wikisource which would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk"|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
The savoyrad language is a Franco-Provençal language, which is spoken by 35000 people. This franco-provancal variant is different from the Arptian because the Savoyard is present in a mountainous region, so the Savoyard people was isolated from the rest of the arpitan area. Indeed, they are lot of different words, expressions and accent. And the Savoyard needs to be on internet, so on wikipédia to still be alive, because this language is truly threatened. (The savoyard language is thought at school on Savoy by the Savoyard Teachers Institut.).
http://www.langue-savoyarde.com/ http://www.languesregionales.org/IMG/pdf/affiche_31_mars_2012.pdf http://www.arpitania.eu/aca/documents/Dictionnaire_Viret_Francais_Savoyard.pdf http://www.centre-etudes-francoprovencales.eu/cef/bollettini/nouvelles-centre-23-1991-347.pdf http://www.lavoixdesallobroges.org/la-voue/746-bonnevalsurarcenpatoislavieestbelle Giettois--Giettois (talk) 14:46, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose No ISO code. --184.108.40.206 08:36, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Savoyard content can be created within Franco-Provençal Wikipedia. --Agusbou2015 (talk) 22:02, 15 October 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose Per two arguments above. Splitting up local languages which can easily be grouped together will only decrease the sustainability of the wikis. --OosWesThoesBes (talk) 08:29, 17 October 2018 (UTC)