- Number of speakers: 2200
- Locations spoken: Saterland in Western Oldenburg, Germany
- Related languages: West Frisian (not mutually understandable)
This wikipedia was approved, but has not been created due to the reform of the request process. See Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Sater-Frisian for the old discussion.
This wikipedia is growing pretty fast (see incubator:Wp/stq/Bruukereportoal) and consists now of some 474 articles.
Sadly, there are currently no localization files available for this project. I recently began translating the interface on BetaWiki. The interface translation is complete! Maartenvdbent 17:45, 6 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Arguments in favourEdit
- Very active, Pyt might be not native but he created many, many good kwality articles. Let it come alive! Those interface messages will be handled soon ones Pyt or anybody else is informed. Sadly, I only speak a few words but I'm willing to learn the language so I'm willing to contribute. --OosWesThoesBes 17:57, 6 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- I'm also very much in favour. This is one of the most active projects on Incubator. I don't speak the language, but I'm willing to help on technical issues etc. Maartenvdbent 18:37, 6 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Yes, I am still in favour. For that, I here repeat my arguments of last year: In my opinion, the important factor is, that every Wikipedia is different, even when stricly keeping to the standard of objectivity. This is because every author approaches reality from a different point of view, which means that an article in a certain language may contain information different from the corresponding article in another language. I am rather certain, that the Saterfrisian Test-Wikipedia already contains information that can be found in no other Wikipedia, information much of which not would have reached the Wikipedia-community otherwise. --Pyt 19:44, 6 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Seconded. A test Wikipedia of such a size and with so many good quality articles (both in form and in content) should no longer roam on Incubator but deserves a domain of its own. Steinbach (formerly Caesarion) 20:36, 6 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- I would like to do more edits and create new articles, but I'm getting a little tired of using Wp/stq. Please create a domain for this Wikipedia. Kening aldgilles
- In the Fundraiser FAQ we read Wikipedia helps support language diversity. After three applications for this one language, I'd say it is time that we indeed do so. Aliter 04:51, 7 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support this languague! Also when making a real wikipedia for this tiny languague it will immediately leave half of the current wikipedia's behind it when you consider the size of the current incubator version. Theun 21:48, 9 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- From what I've seen so far this seems to be a very active project, with already some very good articles, so I am all for it. Wutsje 20:35, 29 November 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- We've just reached the 500 pages. Today only 17 pages have been created! Maybe give (conditional) approval? --OosWesThoesBes 15:37, 9 December 2007 (UTC)Reply[reply]