Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ruhrdeutsch
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Ruhrdeutsch)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
Replace this line with your opening argument in favour of the new project.
- Ruhrdeutsch is a dialect talking in the Ruhr Area in Germany.
- There are many users speaking Ruhrdeutsch.
Arguments in favor of thisEdit
Arguments against thisEdit
- This proposal can't be successful as long as there is no ISO code.
- No ISO code is a formal problem, but besides this, I have doubts, that a Wikipedia in Ruhrdeutsch can be successful. Ruhrdeutsch is classified as Regiolekt and Übergangssprache in its Wikipedia entry. Regiolekt/Regiolect means, that a language variety, unlike a dialect, was not there before the standard variety of the language, but developed out of this standard variety. Übergangssprache means that it is a transitional variety. When thousands of new people came to the Ruhr area, when the industrial areas very suddenly grew and grew, this new people were not able to speak the local dialects of the region. So the people had to use the standard variety of German (as good as they were able to speak it) to communicate. Local dialects were pushed back and standard German was the new lingua franca in the region. But with much influence from the old dialects and the dialects and languages of the immigrants. Kind of Pidgin, but unlike other pidgins not between unrelated languages, but rather between different German varieties.
- I think it is comparable to Cockney in its distinctiveness from other language varieties. --::Slomox:: >< 22:29, 26 March 2008 (UTC)