Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Reggiano
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Reggiano)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- Number of speakers: 300-350.000
- Locations spoken: Province of Reggio Emilia
- Support, strong support. Axx 13:08, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- Support Laqab 17:18, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose --Nick1915 11:40, 18 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose -- A Emilian-Romagnol Wikipedia already exists - Laurin 09:00, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose -The usual political trick of splitting a language into an infinite number of parts to kill it. A political and unfair move. To be rejected as such; noreover this is a trivial duplicate of an existing project; Romagnol wikipedia would be a duplicate as well, but showing this is a little bit less trivial. --Belinzona 09:15, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose It would duplicate an existing and recently created project: moreover its creation would imply that:
- Emilian Romagnol wikipedia should be closed (supporters of this wikipedia could oppose Emilian or Romagnol wikipedias separately)
- an Emilian wikipedia should be requested ab ibitio.
Moreover a Piasentine wikipedia has been denied, and so should this one. Is it worthwile?--Bz.ti.ch 10:13, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Neutral - My main issue is: has Wikipedia moved away from the ISO standard in establishing whether something is a language or not. Have we decided to throw out the only independent arbiter that we have in these matters? pippudoz - (waarom? jus'b'coz!) 10:52, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose--Sabine 11:03, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose - Of course, when on the Emilian-Romagnol Wikipedia the arzàn variety will have thousands articles, I will change my opinion. -- Aprilx 17:15, 19-10-2006 (UTC)
- Oppose: more collaboration, please. All together in EML, you would have more chance to survive as a wikipedia. Good luck--clamengh 17:05, 19 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose - If, as stated, Reggiano is very similar to Romagnolo, I do not see why it should not be included in the already existing Emilian-Romagnol wikipedia. -- Carmine Colacino 19:30, 19-10-2006 (UTC)
- Oppose: already existing EML wikipedia--10caart 11:49, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose: already existing EML wikipedia, local differences should be managed there until there will be at least 10.000 articles. We would not want a proliferation of local wikipedias (with the same logic there should be a wiki for any variant, there are at least two per province, and many more for the appennine places.--Biopresto 08:20, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose -- Eynar Oxartum 23:04, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose --Gwib 18:33, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- I am adapting this bit to what I wrote under the Romagnolo proposal, so sorry if I might oversee something.
- ars stands for Najdi Spoken Arabic (ISO 639-3) so it cannot stand for Arsàn. The Emiliano-Romagnolo wikipedia already takes into count that there are differences and opens with a main page that leads to the various languages included in the ISO 639-3 code.
- Besides that you should also consider that you have just one person who want to contribute. Working together helps to go through these periods when you are working all on your own on a language and having the possibility to communicate on one only wiki with people who work on articles in similar languages normally is a huge advantage. If you want to give your language the chance it deserves, you should co-operate instead of separate. You also should take this issue further and request separate ISO-639-3 codes by providing the necessary documentation. Co-operating on the eml wikipedia will have the following effects:
- You are enough people who can deal with vandals (that can become quite time consuming ... in particular on small wikipedias)
- You grow the community for your language step by step and all wikipedians on that wiki will be able to help newbies with how-to questions - when it comes to explain an interwiki-link and wiki links etc.: that can be done by anyone.
- You make sure that people are really about maintaining their language and political issues get excluded by co-operation. (remeber: Wikipedia is about NPOV)
- Once you have enough editors and pages in your language you can of course divide the wikipedia, but will it make sense at that time in the future?
- Anyway: you want your language to survive: so work on it, create contents and co-operate to create a unique place where people who are about language, culture and bringing NPOV encyclopaedic articles can give their best.
- Btw. did you know that Sykpe transforms a :* like used at the beginning of the above lines into a kiss? So baci ed abbracci (kisses and hugs) ;-)
- --Sabine 12:09, 20 October 2006 (UTC)