Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Paiwan
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Paiwan|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||pwn (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Paiwan||Language name in English|
|Language name||Pinayuanan||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q715755 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:...||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Asia/Taipei||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Good day there! It seems that we've been active in these two to three months. Especially, last month, we even got our highest editing times up to 800. Hope we can stay active and get our own site soon. Thank you all!Ripunn (talk) 07:09, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Namespace and logo translationsEdit
Hello! I am happy to announce that we (the language committee) have just approved the creation of the Paiwan Wikipedia. Before it can be created, however, there are some things we need:
- The name for the project, i.e. "Wikipedia" in Paiwan
- The name for the project talk namespace, i.e. "Wikipedia talk" in Paiwan
- Translation of the logo (i.e. "Wikipedia" and "The free encyclopedia") in Paiwan
- Translation of the following namespaces into Paiwan (I have pasted in the Traditional Chinese translations; please replace them with the Paiwan translations):
$namespaceNames = [ NS_MEDIA => '媒體', NS_SPECIAL => '特殊', NS_TALK => '討論', NS_USER => '用戶', NS_USER_TALK => '用戶討論', NS_PROJECT_TALK => '$1討論', NS_FILE => '檔案', NS_FILE_TALK => '檔案討論', NS_MEDIAWIKI => 'MediaWiki', NS_MEDIAWIKI_TALK => 'MediaWiki討論', NS_TEMPLATE => '模板', NS_TEMPLATE_TALK => '模板討論', NS_HELP => '幫助', NS_HELP_TALK => '幫助討論', NS_CATEGORY => '分類', NS_CATEGORY_TALK => '分類討論', ];
Also, just to confirm: Like Sakizaya, Paiwan doesn't use capital letters at the start of sentences, correct?
- Good day. For the first 3 translation, we have done. Please see below.
- 1. wikipidiya
- 2. wikipidiya_kakaljavaran
- 3. silailaing ta vinarungan a sapitj a pidiya
- And the rest of the translation for namespaces, we still need some time to discuss about it. Thank you. iyumu 00:48, 15 October 2021 (UTC)
@Jon Harald Søby:: Please see the list of namespaceNames translation below.
$namespaceNames = [ NS_MEDIA => 'mitiya', NS_SPECIAL => 'pinakisumaljiyan', NS_TALK => 'kakaljavaran', NS_USER => 'avan a kipakamanguanguaq', NS_USER_TALK => 'kipakamanguanguaq_kakaljavaran', NS_PROJECT_TALK => '$1_kakaljavaran', NS_FILE => 'sineqetj a vecik', NS_FILE_TALK => 'sineqetj a vecik_kakaljavaran', NS_MEDIAWIKI => 'MediaWiki', NS_MEDIAWIKI_TALK => 'MediaWiki_kakaljavaran', NS_TEMPLATE => 'kakivauvaljan', NS_TEMPLATE_TALK => 'kakivauvaljan_kakaljavaran', NS_HELP => 'remasudj', NS_HELP_TALK => 'remasudj_kakaljavaran', NS_CATEGORY => 'pinapapilipiliqan', NS_CATEGORY_TALK => 'pinapapilipiliqan_kakaljavaran', ];
And for now, we don't use capital letters in the beginning of sentences in Paiwan language. Thank you. iyumu 03:11, 25 October 2021 (UTC)
- I just update the translation of NS_PROJECT_TALK to a better one. iyumu 08:34, 25 October 2021 (UTC)