Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Ottoman Turkish 3
Ottoman Turkish WikipediaEdit
- See also the fourth request (open).
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Ottoman Turkish 3)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
Ottoman language was used as the administrative and literary language of the Ottoman Empire from (1299 — 1922). It is related closely to modern Turkish, Azerbaijani, and Turkmen languages. It is intelligible to Azerbaijani speakers and Azeris from Southern Azerbaijan (Iran) can easily read the Ottoman texts.
- Already a test Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia has established incubator:wp/ota with more than 180 articles .unsigned by --Lousyi 03:06, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- There are more 1500 articles in Test Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia  --Lousyi 03:06, 13 June 2010 (UTC)--Tarih 21:20, 7 December 2007 (UTC)
Arguments in favourEdit
- Though I think that the Ottoman Turkish is not at all a different language of Modern Turkish (these old words can be used in modern Turkish as well!), I think such a wikipedia would be quite useful for many people. Ottoman Turkish and Modern Turkish are like Hindi and Urdu. It is the same language but with some difference in vocabulary, and nevertheless there is a wikipedia for Hindi and for Urdu.--Lousyi 02:43, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- I think Wikipedia Ottoman Turkish must have although as the history languages.--Digimon Adventure 03:09, 13 June 2010 (UTC)