Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Laz
Laz Wikipedia and WiktionaryEdit
See also the second proposal (verified as eligible)
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Laz)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- Number of speakers: 500.000
- Locations spoken: North East Anatolia, Turkey and Georgia
- Related languages: Megrelian language Languages of the Caucasus
- Promoting organizations: , , 
- Support --Karazi 14:49, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Support 188.8.131.52 15:00, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support Kober
- Support Khoikhoi 17:03, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support Belgian man (nl #na en) 11:12, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support --Taichi - (あ！) 05:48, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support --Memty 12:27, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support Kneiphof 12:54, 28 August 2006 (UTC)
- Support nl:Gebruiker:Boudewijn Idema , 13:58, 1 September
- Support Sroulik 16:35, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- Support Trulala-- 03:27, 27 September 2006 (UTC) I'm surprised Wikipedia didn't already have this language.
- Support. The language is worth of it, but I would like to see some native speakers first. --Dmitry Gerasimov 10:51, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- --Node ue 22:56, 9 August 2006 (UTC) until you find some native speakers.
- --Baristarim 05:26, 23 September 2006 (UTC) Please let some native users make the demand..
- According ethnologue.com the Language has only 33.000 speakers, not 500.000 - You are confused with Mingrelian. Jeroenvrp 16:44, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
- A) No users that are willing to work --> b) No native speakers -- Raghav 15:09, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- Support--Imz 23:02, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
cdois the ISO code, you will have to go with it for the subdomain, too. This appears a bit unfortunate, since laz would certainly be nice. If possible, try to have the ISO code changed, which I doubt would be easy or quickly accomplished. Good luck! -- Purodha Blissenbach 00:16, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
- Etnologuetotally wrong about statistics of Laz speakers. There's not any statistic about Laz even other minorities in Turkey.It's just a conjecture or projection of 1965 census.
- The en:Laz_language only gives lzz as the code, so that's what I've changed it to. Tuf-Kat 02:29, 19 October 2006 (UTC)