Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Gan
|←main page||Requests for new languages (Wikipedia Gan)|
|Please read the handbook for requesters for help using this template correctly.|
- Speakers: 20 million~50 million
- Location(s) spoken: China's central and northern Jiangxi, eastern Hunan, parts of Fujian, Anhui, and Hubei Provinces.
Arguments in favourEdit
- Support - Gan is not intelligible with other Chinese languages. --Jose77 23:54, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support - Gan is widely spoken in the Southern part of China (Jiangxi). Hakka Wikipedia project have been successfully approved I will also support Gan Wikipedia too.Whlee 12:41, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support - As a language, Gan should have one wikipedia of its own. It's RIGHT, absolutely RIGHT!
- Strongly Support - I strongly support the foundation of Gan Wikipedia, my arguments are the 5 points below:
According to the Language proposal policy,
1. The proposal is to open a new language edition of an existing Wikimedia project that does not already exist.
About this point, I have nothing to say, it's obviously.
2. The language should have a valid ISO-639 or BCP 47 code
ISO 639-3 and the BCP 47 code was added in 1999-12-18.
3. The language must be sufficiently unique that it could not coexist on a more general wiki. In most cases, this excludes regional dialects and different written forms of the same language.
Like others Chinese languages, Gan is certain to be a language. Gan has those characters that are not used in others Chinese language, just like 嗰 箇 喫 奀... and if Gan is romanized, it will be completely unintelligible with others languages.
4. The proposal has a sufficient number of interested editors to form a viable community and audience.
There are almost 50.000.000 Gan's speakers, I suppose this number can be called sufficient.
5. There is an active test project on the Incubator wiki.
The Gan test is the best evidence!
So I insist that Gan deserves the right to have its own wikipedia! --Symane 13:50, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support - Gan is a grand language in China, with nearly 50 millions of speakers, and she is ranked 42nd (the number quoted is 20.6 millions of speakers) among all of the languages in the world. So shouldn't she have a wikipedia in the wiki-projet? YES, she deserves it!--Jiangxinese 23:54, 28 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support - If Gan wikipedia is created, I would try my best to help it. That's all! --18.104.22.168 12:44, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Support - it will be a good idea to create the Gan wiki. I support it!!--22.214.171.124 14:42, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support Gan language is an important language with a lot of native speakers.--Ffaarr 11:22, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support - The Chinese wikipedia can only be read in Mandarin, so the creation of Gan wiki is essentiel for its speakers. --Mélmon 13:09, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Gan wikipedia is a good idea, of course! Native speakers over 20 million, this language should has its own wikipedia likes other sinitic wikis. --Chun-hian 14:40, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support Of course! KoMuNeRo MaG 13:42, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
- It has a very active test project and it seems to be heading towards a new subdomain. --OosWesThoesBes 15:57, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
I believe that most Gan speakers can also understand traditional Chinese, and do not need a seperate Wikipedia made for them.126.96.36.199 19:32, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. according to the discussion of members, 維基百科 is decided to be the project name of Wikipedia, and Wikipedia to be the project namespace. Regards.--Symane 14:44, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you. Please confirm that the following is correct:
|$wgSiteName||維基百科||Site name; appears in the title bar, in the interface, and can be shown in articles using "|
|$wgMetaNamespace||Wikipedia||Project namespace; appears in URLs and links to the namespace about the wiki.|
|$wgMetaNamespaceTalk||Wikipedia talk||Talk namespace for the project namespace.|
- It has been confirmed.--Symane 10:51, 10 March 2008 (UTC)