Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Dagbani
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia Dagbani|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||dag (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Dagbani||Language name in English|
|Language name||Dagbanli||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q32238 - item has currently the following values:
||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Project name||Wikipedia||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikipedia||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Wikipedia yɛltɔɣa||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-dag.svg||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Africa/Accra||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
I wish to propose the approval of the Dagbani Wikipedia. The Dagbani Wikipedia community has been very active over the past 2 years, with over 30 active contributors. The incubator currently has over 400 articles and more than 3 administrators. Also, we have successfully translated all the most commonly used media wiki core messages. The group was selected as one of the focus languages for the Abstract Wikipedia project. The community has also developed its own quality assessment model to document our editing guideline. Shahadusadik (talk) 14:17, 26 April 2021 (UTC)
Hello dear editors! (User:Alhassan Mohammed Awal, User:Shahadusadik, User:Masssly, User:Din-nani1 as test-wiki admins.) The language committee is now preparing for the approval of the dag.wikipedia.org domain. In the meantime, please check whether the settings table at the top of this page are correct / complete them if missing (in particular, the translation of "Wikipedia" / "Wikipedia talk" namespaces, the logo and the timezone for the wiki). If necessary, please discuss them in the community on Incubator first. --MF-W 15:20, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hello @MF-W: Thank you for the feedback. Please are you suggesting we add "Wikipedia talk" to the project talk namespace or we should review the translation of "Wikipedia talk" in translate wiki? The translation of Wikipedia in Dagbani is still "Wikipedia". I think everything in the settings table is correct. Warmly, Shahadusadik (talk) 11:25, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- User:Shahadusadik: we need to know what the name of the "Wikipedia talk" namespace should be in Dagbani. So the talk pages that are attached to Wikipedia pages. --MF-W 11:56, 2 June 2021 (UTC)