Requests for new languages/Wikipedia South Ndebele
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikipedia South Ndebele|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics, recent changes). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||nr (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||South Ndebele||Language name in English|
|Language name||isiNdebele seSewula||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Q36785 - item has currently the following values:||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||LTR||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikiphidiya||"Wikipedia" in your language|
|Project namespace||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||"Wikipedia talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||no||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Africa/Pretoria||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
Isindebele (South Ndebele) is one of the small but official language of South Africa. It is the only remaining language without it own Wikipedia project. This makes finding and supporting the language project almost impossible for native speakers. It is my sincere belief that giving this language an official Wikipedia language project page, would spark activity for the language as was the case with Isixhosa Wikipedia project which was saved from closure and is today a thriving language project. --Thuvack (talk) 21:14, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support As we can see, one of the official languages of South Africa, but why there's only pages that created in 2016, where are Ndebele users? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 07:39, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support IsiNdebele lulimi lwamaNdebele eZimbabwe. Luyingxenye yendimi zabeNguni abatholakala ngobunengi eNingizimu yezwekazi leAfrika. Phakathi kuka1820 lo1822, uMzilikazi kaMatshobane Khumalo, inkosi yamaNtungwa wahlubuka ebuthweni lakwaZulu eluqondise eNyakatho. Wayekhonze khona kwaZulu ngoba uTshaka wayesenqobe isizwana samaKhumalo ngaleso sikhathi. Waphuma lebutho lakhe elaligoqela amaZulu ayesekhathele ngoTshaka. Ohambweni lwakhe ebalekela uTshaka wabutha izizwana ezasezachithwa yiMfecane. Ezinye zazo ngamaNtungwa akwabo, amaHlubi, abeSuthu, amaVenda, AmaSwazi lezinye eziqanjwa ngabalobi bembali abanjengoPhathisa Nyathi. Uluhlu lwezizwe lezi lwenza kube sobala ukuthi awasiwo wonke amaNdebele angamaZulu ngomdabuko. AmaZulu phakathi kwawo alihlekanyana nje. UMzilikazi wasakha lesi isizwe ngokumanyanisa imihlobo eminengi yabantu abeza bezecela umthunzi abanye njalo ngokuthunjwa ngamabutho akhe. Ekufikeni kwalesi sizwe lapha kwelikaMambo, sakhumelana umlotha laye uMambo eMhlangeni. Yonke imikhakha eyatsheba kuleyombizanye kusukela kulelolanga yahle yaba yisizwe sakwaMthwakazi ngaphansi kwamakhosi ayo ayekhonza kuye uMzilikazi njengenkosi yesizwe jikelele. Isikhumbuzo saleso siga sisemgwaqweni omdala osuka koBulawayo usiya eGwanda. Ngamafitshane amakhasi angaphansi kwaleli elithiwa "IsiNdebele" azavumela bonke abalolwazi kulezo zigaba zolwazi olungasekela ukuthuthuka kolimi ukuthi baphosele abangasekela ngakho.--Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52
- Support This language Wikipedia is long overdue. Wikicology (talk) 07:17, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support After meeting the powerful cutie supporting this language, I definitely believe this project will have a good start! --Kritzolina (talk) 08:06, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- Support Yes, yes! We should support new ideas, this can lead to new great projects. --May Hachem93 (talk) 13:48, 19 April 2018 (UTC)