The following request for comments
is closed. Global ban request does not meet criterion 3 of the Global bans policy. --Vogone (talk) 22:57, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
Statement by TJH2018
Reguyla (talk • contribs • block • xwiki-contribs • xwiki-date • CA • ST • lwcheckuser)
This RFC is a request to ban Reguyla globally. Since his ban on the ENWP, he has constantly evaded his block by using tons of sockpuppets and other projects to harass ENWP users, and to perform so-called "constructive" edits. Recently, he also got blocked for harassment and personal attacks on Commons until the 29th of April. The ENWP community is sick of him, the admins are sick of him, and the CheckUsers are sick of him. He has used up all of our patience and forgiveness. I'm pretty sure that Meta is sick of him too, because this is not the place to moan about your community ban on ENWP. I think it's time to put this to rest, have a community discussion, and end this once and for all.
He meets two out of the three requirements for a global block:
- The user demonstrates an ongoing pattern of cross-wiki abuse (that is not merely vandalism or spam).
- The user has been carefully informed about appropriate participation in the projects and has had fair opportunity to rectify any problems.
- User is blocked on Commons for a period of time, and community banned on ENWP. He could also meet the criteria for harassment.
Things to consider:
I think it's time to put this to rest, have a community discussion, and end this once and for all. Even though only two of the criterion are met, past history says otherwise. TJH2018 talk 22:33, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
He's only banned on enwiki, he doesn't satisfy these criteria. Matiia (talk) 22:50, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- Not sure if the criteria are met, but for what I know of his edits on Commons, Reguyla is not a useful productive user. Yann (talk) 23:05, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- Criterion #3 requires an indefinite block or ban on two or more projects, but the block on Commons has an expiration date. --Stefan2 (talk) 23:08, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- He could possibly meet the criterion for harassment for all of the requests and constant messaging to other users. --TJH2018 talk 23:11, 20 April 2016 (UTC)