The following request for comments
is closed. If this is still even an issue, sounds like a job for m:Tech or phabricator. StevenJ81 (talk) 15:01, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
original comment: Hi! I edit preferences in hundreds of WMF projects using four browsers and additionaly some mbile phones.
- a) As I can say for shure is that if a skin was monobook it happens that the "Date format" input form is not available. This happened also with my mobile phone.
- b) It seems that the values used at some other parameter especialy the selector square options are not staible / reseted / changed "randomly" without any recognisable pattern; please confirm taking some time to reproduce similar errors
- update 20:16, 18 October 2015 (UTC) In the "Watchlist" part of the preferences the option /parameter "Add pages and files I move to my watchlist" changes to deselected (maybe because no such rights are granted); to my understanding selected values should be preserved under all circumstances no mather if they aply or not; it would be better to indicate only available options; dimmed options might indicate that they do not apply
- c) It is not possible to change the interface language alone i.e. without making a (dummy) change on an another (arbitrary) parameter; only then the "save" button gets activated; what happens now is that it keeps to stay "dimmed"
- Gangleri (talk) 20:37, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
- nothing happened here; ping @Anonymous Dissident; cc: @MarcoAurelio Regards Gangleri (talk) 19:59, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
- updated 20:16, 18 October 2015 (UTC) Gangleri (talk)