Punjabi Wikipedia Categorython
Punjabi Wikipedia Categorython was organized during 1 February 2017 to 28 February 2017. The idea to have a categorython orginated from a similar edit-a-thon on Hindi Wikipedia proposed by User:Anamdas.
- +136% growth in Edits per Month
- +8% Active Editors
- +40% Active Editors
|S. No.||Before the edit-a-thon||After the edit-a-thon|
|1||Uncategorized Pages||1539||Uncategorized Pages||644|
|2||Uncategorized Categories||1288||Uncategorized Categories||1251|
|3||Uncategorized Files||404||Uncategorized Files||403|
|4||Uncategorized Templates||3001||Uncategorized Templates||3035|
Out of the total 15 participants who signed up for the event, 3 were non-Punjabi.
- Gurbakhshish chand did the most of number of edits and played a major role in categorizing pages.
- Jagvir Kaur completed her 500 edits during the event.
- Jashan1994 had only about 60 Global contributions before the event and now she has 229 edits.
- Wikilover90 became active after an inactivity of one month.
- We got to learn that many Wikipedians did not know that they can contribute in a number of ways rather than just creating new articles. While creating articles requires a substantial amount of time, it takes very less time to make small yet meaningful contribution of categorizing pages.