|홈||소개||리소스||대화 시간 및 행사||발표||우리와 함께 일해요||FAQ|
The Global Advocacy team helps the Foundation and affiliates protect the free knowledge movement through advocacy and public policy.
The simple act of sharing knowledge freely online is radical and challenging in many contexts, and can be threatened by weak or hostile policy environments. This is why the Foundation and broader community engage in advocacy and public policy work. We work alongside the Wikimedia community because policy change is most successful when informed by those who are most directly impacted and best understand their local context. Together, we stand for policies that support and protect the Wikimedia model, its people, and its values.
The Global Advocacy team is part of the Legal Department, and works with other teams and departments across the Foundation. To protect the community-governed model, we take action on policies related to access to knowledge and free expression. To protect the people in our community, we advocate for privacy rights and against mass surveillance. To protect the values of our movement, we lead by example by prioritizing human rights and countering disinformation.
Topics we're working on right now include:
- Foundation-wide Human Rights Policy
- EU Digital Services Act
- Online Safety bills
- Online censorship during times of conflict
- U.S. Copyright Reform
Contact us or stay up-to-date
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Advocacy Mailing List (Open discussion list in which anyone can post about relevant policy/advocacy topics, and where the Global Advocacy team will announce work and solicit feedback.)
- Diff: Global Advocacy (Where we share blog posts, updates, and opportunities with the community, including monthly recaps of our advocacy and public policy actions.)
- Medium: Wikimedia Policy (Long-form thought pieces, policy analyses, and updates on our advocacy and public policy actions.)
- Twitter: @WikimediaPolicy (Follow for shared speaking events, blog posts and articles, advocacy and public policy actions, campaign activities, and to engage with the work of Wikimedia affiliates and allies.)