Global Advocacy/Conversation hours and Events
|Home||About||Documentation||Resources||Conversation Hours and Events||Get Involved||FAQ||Announcements||Discussion|
Other Upcoming Events edit
- Digital Rights and Inclusion Forum 2023
- UN Global Digital Compact discussions 2023
- Internet Governance Forum 2023
- Wikimania 2023: If our sessions are accepted.
- WikiConference North America 2023: If our sessions are accepted.
- WikiIndaba 2023: If our sessions are accepted.
Monthly Conversation Hours edit
The Global Advocacy team occasionally hosts conversation hours.
The purpose of these conversation hours is to create a dedicated space for the Foundation's Global Advocacy team to engage directly with Wikimedia volunteers, affiliates, and staff. These forums are an opportunity for us to answer questions about how the Foundation pursues advocacy work, or about your own projects and initiatives, and to connect, share, and learn from each other in a consistent manner.
Upcoming Conversation Hours edit
There are no more regularly upcoming conversation hours. We completed our pilot from June - October 2022. We will continue to evaluate when to host these again.
Log of Previous Conversation Hours edit
Notes from all calls can be found in the etherpad.
- Overview of WMF public policy priorities and actions for the Asia-Pacific region, October 2022. Watch recording Use password g.5cyBP
- Overview of WMF public policy priorities and actions for the Europe-Africa-Americas region, October 2022. Watch recording Use password !i$SsyF=
- Presentation on anti-surveillance work within the Free Knowledge Movement in Mexico, September 2022. .
- Presentation on anti-surveillance work within the Free Knowledge Movement in Indonesia, September 2022. .
- Presentation on approaches to copyright advocacy in the EU, August 2022. Watch recording Use password: X@9FRG5k
- August 26, 2022 (14:00 UTC). Topic: Movement approaches to copyright advocacy. Speakers: Dimi Dimitrov (Wikimedia Brussels) and Douglas Scott (Wikimedia South Africa). For a campaign example See Copyright advocacy in South Africa and slide deck about EU copyright campaigns.
- Presentation on Wikimedia's Approach to Anti-Disinformation and Human Rights Impact Assessment, July 2022.
- Presentation on Human Rights Impact Assessment, July 2022. .
- June 29, 2022. Topic: Disinformation. Speaker: Costanza Sciubbia Caniglia (Wikimedia Foundation).
Follow us on Twitter for updates about webinars, conferences, or talks from our team.