Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Sranan Wikipedia
In my opinion the Sranan Wikipedia should be close. It has only stubs , and the Main Page. very few activity. send to incubator.
- Oppose only stubs? Articles like srn:Beijing don't look very much like stubs to me. -- Prince Kassad 14:46, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- some lists and pictures?. think it again. (unsigned anonymous comment by original proposer)
- The Sranan Tongo Wikipedia has recently been opened; give it some time to develop. SPQRobin (inc!) 11:46, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Oliver Stegen 13:23, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Sranan is a widely used lingua franca in Suriname and other South American ports. Also, I don't think that closing this wikipedia or putting it into the incubator would help. At least contact Sranan speakers to make them aware of their language resource! Finally, since when can an anonymous user (who showed up only on a single day, viz July 18) propose the closure of all kinds of small language wikipedias? He should be blocked and his proposals deleted!
- Oppose Babbage 21:30, 30 July 2008 (UTC) I concur with Oliver Stegen. Furthermore, there is a significant Sranan-speaking expatriate and diaspora community (in Amsterdam, among other places). There is plenty of latent expertise in Sranan out there.
- Oppose I consider this request as a kind of vandalistic rant against a new project. Decline now. Maybe reconsider in two years, or three. --Purodha Blissenbach 18:19, 4 September 2008 (UTC)