Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Sango Wikipedia
In my opinion the Sango Wikipedia should be close. It has only stubs , and the Main Page. very few activity. send to incubator.
Sango Wikipedia has almost 100 articles
- Oppose Nah, there are a handful of legitimate content articles which merit the existence of this Wikipedia -- Prince Kassad 14:51, 18 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Malangali 07:35, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Closing a project like this does tremendous harm to the efforts many people are making to kick-start IT development in African languages. Having the Wikipedia in place is important so that we can demonstrate the potential and bring people into the process of localization and Africanization. Furthermore, this closure proposal is from an unsigned anonymous user, and therefore should be deleted.
- Oppose --A12n 11:57, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Agree with the above on all points. Also suggest that a new approach is needed for African language projects. Sango is also an official language of CAR - has there been any effort to connect with any kind of governmental or NGO groups in that country?
- Oppose Oliver Stegen 12:40, 30 July 2008 (UTC) For all the above reasons. Also, since when can an anonymous user (who showed up only on a single day, viz July 18) propose the closure of all kinds of small language wikipedias? He should be blocked and his proposals deleted!
- Oppose Proposals like this are detrimental to our goal to get more African languages involved in the Wikipediæ. Now to be kept. Maybe reconsider after five or ten years. --Purodha Blissenbach 18:27, 4 September 2008 (UTC)