Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Luganda Wikipedia
In my opinion the Luganda Wikipedia should be close. It has only stubs , and the Main Page. very few activity. send to incubator.
- Oppose Malangali 07:57, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Closing a project like this does tremendous harm to the efforts many people are making to kick-start IT development in African languages. Having the Wikipedia in place is important so that we can demonstrate the potential and bring people into the process of localization and Africanization. This is one in a series of anonymous, unsigned proposals to close African languages - delete the proposal as unacceptable.
- Oppose --Guaka 11:50, 30 July 2008 (UTC) From my experience with 3 Wikipedias in African languages I know these projects need a lot of time and attention, but it's worth it. Bambara just reached 200 articles, Fulfulde is still at 30 something, but Wolof has over 700 articles now. That is worth waiting for, even if it takes years. I'm happy to jump in and help clean any African language Wikipedia. Just let me know.
- Oppose Oliver Stegen 12:55, 30 July 2008 (UTC) For all the above reasons. Also, this is the major LWC in Uganda. Finally, since when can an anonymous user (who showed up only on a single day, viz July 18) propose the closure of all kinds of small language wikipedias? He should be blocked and his proposals deleted!
- Oppose --A12n 13:10, 30 July 2008 (UTC) Per above. Also suggest that a new approach before considering closure is needed for African language projects.
- Oppose No valid resons for closure given. Better than closure was, imho, to make more people aware of the Wikipedia, and best to make internet access cheaper and more widespread among the Luganda speakers! --Purodha Blissenbach 17:43, 4 September 2008 (UTC)