- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
The following discussion is closed.
Closed, as new policy is in place ("all current proposals will be made invalid").
I propose that Kazakh Wikibooks should be closed. Since it's creation in 2005, it has only 5 content pages. It's completely dead with the last edit on it's main page in 2007. I propose for it's closure and best for it to be in the incubator. Kanzler31 23:40, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Per nominator. Kanzler31 23:31, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- 'Support' Five years is more than enough time for more than five content pages to be developed, or else left in the incubator. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 23:58, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support -- there really should be someone saying the corresponding wikipedia should have a certain size before launching -books, -tionary, -news, -versity, and whatnot. Seb az86556 01:06, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
- These are old ones from when there was no policy. New wikis shouldn't run into issues like this. :-) Cbrown1023 talk 01:42, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support. Mostly dead project. -FASTILY (TALK) 18:57, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support: per above--Andrijko Z. 18:34, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support: I see no activity in the project. Striker 19:28, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support unfortunately.--Gordonrox24 | Talk 00:53, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
- Support - inactive. Vibhijain 11:05, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose I'm against it, in my opinion to warn users of the Kazakh wikipedia that they, for example, by the end of the year, picked up the project. Although at least 50 articles.Ильнар Шайдуллов 11:29, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose It is very developing Wikipedia. Kaiyr 17:26, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- It's not a Wikipedia. It's Wikibooks. Kanzler31 23:22, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose Kazakh is a widely used language in the world so I feel if Latin is going to be up and active, Kazakh should at least have a chance. People come and go from projects, so I am sure some day Kazakh Wikibooks will grow. I think it is pointless to close a project based on inactivity of a language spoken by a large population. --Girdi 12:48, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose --N KOziTalk 05:03, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose I believe that activity in Kazakh segment of Wikimedia projects going to increase as there are huge interest among people nowadays. Reason of low activity was due to limited access to internet (traffic and penetration). at this moment internet access's problem finds its solution in a very fast way. Meanwhile people in Kazakhstan are also contributing in other languages than Kazakh. It would be unfair for people who lives in rural places (Kazakh speaking). When they will come to Wikimedia world they will not find this project. As I believe, the Wikimedia Foundations' goal is to create platform for global knowledge in all languages. --Ashina 06:36, 13 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose Definitely, I support above arguments of Kaiyr and Ashina --User:Ulan
- I already informed the community at Kazakh Wikibooks that they are going to be closed by adding a banner in the main page and informing the community in the Main Page discussion unless the edition of Wikibooks is revived. Kanzler31 01:45, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
I oppose closing down Kazakh wikibooks - the more support that a project receives the better after all is this not the point of Wiki - to encourage cultural knowledge development ...
I'm against to this desicion, because every language has equal rights in Wikimedia projects. Kazakh language is developing now and it will be unfairly solution if this project is closed. User:u.maratkyzy
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.