- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
The following discussion is closed.
Closed, as new policy is in place ("all current proposals will be made invalid").
The Kashmiri language version of Wiktionary began in 2004, but since then it has only gained about 34 content pages, according to its Special:Statistics. A brief look at Special:AllPages shows that most of the pages remain without content and is composed of one-line definitions, or otherwise remain untranslated in English form, including the Main Page itself which has a header in English. Official statistics charts for the wiki show that any significant amount of content creation has been dropped since the spike of 2007, with only additions of but a few and relatively small number of entries in 2010, and Special:RecentChanges also seems to confirm this as fact. Besides the obvious and frequent creation of userpages used to interwiki-link back here to Meta, activity is low-level and mainly restricted to these bots running around adding interwikis to already-existing entries. Efforts to revive the project made by those such as Le diable are commendable, but they for the most part only involve promoting entries containing interwiki links leading to the Tamil Wiktionary. The entries themselves lack substantial content, and consists of one-word references to other red-linked entries, however, which in my view does not add understanding to the previously existing ones written in Kashmiri. They are also dubious because Le diable has also contributed to multiple other Wiktionaries as well, including the Manx Wiktionary and the Latin Wiktionary, so whether or not he/she can be considered a sufficiently native speaker of the language needed in promoting the wiki is questionable. The rest of this activity, sadly, is left open to vandalism and spam-material appearing on the wiki at random times, including those of Omijakucor and Oxiganifufe, all of which bring damage to the wiki's outlook and future as a whole. For these reasons, I believe this wiki should be sent back to the incubator for further development. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 06:35, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- Link to mainpage.
- As nominator. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 06:35, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- This Wiktionary does not have new entries being created very recently. Even the Wikipedia contains lesser than 500 content pages. If the Wikipedia needs work, the Wiktionary will then be neglected and thus have a high chance in passing a Proposal for closing projects. Hydriz 13:08, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
- Support Mostly dead project. -FASTILY (TALK) 03:17, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- SUPPORT BOLDLY Dead. ~~EBE123~~ talkContribs 22:18, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
- Oppose There is some activity going on. Lets give a chance- Vibhijain 11:10, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
- Please don't close this wiki as the activity on both wiki an wikt is increasing. Vibhijain 14:05, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.