Kept no active discussion for a while, considerable opposition and it doesn't seem like anyone's closing these. Yonatanh 00:50, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
I propose this project be closed due to very low usage. A similar unofficial vote - to remove the link to the Hebrew wikinews site from the Hebrew Wikipedia main page - took place here. I would also like, if possible, that the data be saved for future needs (i.e. reopening the project in the future). I think the project should be closed even if it is not possible to save the data. Yonidebest 21:07, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
- Just to point out that while this is supposed to be a news-site, the headline there is about the Israeli elections that took place 3 months ago, and there's no newer news item to speak of. Harel 05:27, 18 June 2006 (UTC)
I don't see the point in closing any wiki that has future potential. However, even if this one is to be closed because of the "oudated news" argument (which I do understand), it should only be locked and not deleted because much valuable time and labor has gone into creating the infrastructure of Hebrew Wikinews. It would be a crime to waste all that effort. Dovi 09:41, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
A bit of an update: since about April 07 I've taken over reviving the project. I have some help and able to keep it going. Lately I'e also gained sysop status and now working on some guidelines for the project while trying to mobolize some Wikipedians to help me along. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there. Therefore, for all practical reasons, the project is NOT inactive and will probably remain that way, with at least five articles per week (I did say 'slow', right?). What needs to be done to close this proposal once and for all (didn't get much votes anyway...). Havelock 00:04, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Support closing HE/WNEdit
- Yonidebest 21:07, 17 June 2006 (UTC) - as said above.
- Odedee 21:20, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
- Gilgamesh 22:20, 17 June 2006 (UTC)
- Harel 05:25, 18 June 2006 (UTC) Until we find a group of people willing to do something with the site.
- —Nightstallion (?) 09:19, 18 June 2006 (UTC) — Afraid I have to agree, yes.
- --The Churner 16:12, 19 June 2006 (UTC) It's about time.
Oppose closing HE/WNEdit
- Oppose if the website will be deleted; don't oppose locking if that is what other people want. Dovi 09:48, 27 June 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose Maksim 15:40, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose Yuval Madar 11:54, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
- Strong oppose - Hebrew has own alphabet!! Pietras1988 11:03, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
- Nooo, who would have thought? You know so many things. TSO1D 01:25, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
- Very strong oppose - it's very difficult for all the wikinews to find activive and good willing writers. Even if (Hebrew) wikinews is sleeping, a kind of sleeping beauty, it could find its princes or princesses one day. If you close and trash all the data you'll trash free will work, and the place will be dead for ever with no seconde chance Divol 08:07, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
- Very Strong Oppose - I guess the argument about closing this is a lack of a dedicated user to keep it going. In that case, it is too bad that I don't speak or write Hebrew. The whole point of the Wikinews vote for activation process is to see if there is a group of people willing to keep the site going. What would be better served at the moment is to do forensics to see just why this project had an initial burst of energy but has died down at the moment. From my experience in other Wikimedia projects, this is a temporary issue and it is just a matter of time before some new contributors decide to get involved again. --Roberth 16:04, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose. I can't imagine a reason why to close this Wikinews... --Millosh 15:00, 2 July 2006 (UTC)
- Very strong oppose. Ek7 20:27, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose he:User:צהוב עולה 23:51, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose. Wait. Maybe enough native users will arise. Hégésippe | ±Θ± 16:34, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose --Klemen Kocjančič (Talk - Fast reply) 23:11, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose deletion. --Gray Porpoise 19:02, 4 September 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose, no reason to close it. -- King of Hearts 00:26, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose deletion, I think that it should "hibernate" until demand increases in the future. --paris456 9:59 14 December 2006 (EST)
- Oppose. No reason for closing the project has been articulated other than inactivity. This is not a good reason. Inactivity is not harmful. Activity may increase in future and will then be useful. --Coppertwig 01:37, 30 December 2006 (UTC)
- Slade ♠ 14:05, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose. Hégésippe | ±Θ± 14:35, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose - Has activity within a week of itself. Thunderhead 17:03, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
- strong oppose - this proposal is no longer relevant. Havelock 00:05, 2 June 2007 (UTC)