I propose to close this discussion within seven days from now, if there are no objections.--Johannes Rohr 16:37, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
I believe, that the Choctaw Wikipedia should be closed. According to en:, the Choctaw_language has an estimated 9,200 speakers.
There are two articles in this wiki, see cho:Special:Allpages: cho:Chahta anumpa(Choctaw language), a wordlist, and cho:Chahta (Choctaw). Well, there is a third one: cho:Akaka, which looks suspiciously non-Choctaw to me.
The Choctaw Wikipedia is a regular target of vandals, see the history of the main page, it has cooled down a bit, since I semi-protected it. (But still then, some vandals felt irresistibly attracted to it and wait until they are allowed to write and deface the main page).
After taking care of this Wiki, which has been created back in 2004, for something like half a year, I concede, that it is a stillborn child and it should be granted a dignified burial.
Please note, this is not supposed to be a vote. Decisions on projects should be taken on the basis of arguments, rather than vote count.
Arguments in favourEdit
- --Johannes Rohr (per nomination) 18:56, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- --MF-Warburg 10:32, 23 May 2007 (UTC)
- --Philip J 10:24, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- --Dezidor 23:54, 27 May 2007 (UTC) I agree that this project should be closed. That two/three/four articles should be moved to incubator.
- --Pmsyyz 17:56, 2 June 2007 (UTC) Move to Wikimedia Incubator.
--Philip J 22:10, 2 June 2007 (UTC) Sorry, only one vote per person! --Node ue 12:12, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
- --A. B. (talk)
- --Andre (talk) 21:48, 17 June 2007 (UTC) Move to incubator.
- Node ue 12:11, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
- --Yegoyan 22:58, 30 June 2007 (UTC) Don't know whether this should "count", apart from the fact that this isn't a vote anyhow: User only just registered on his alleged home wiki, see [] --Johannes Rohr 09:46, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- Where do I say that's my home wiki? I have accounts in different Wikis, do a checkuser. Yegoyan 20:18, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I'm only relying to what your user page says. If the information is incomplete, please fix it. Thanks, --Johannes Rohr 20:59, 1 July 2007 (UTC)
- I will soon, but I'm not regulary active on Meta. Yegoyan 22:09, 1 July 2007 (UTC)