The following discussion is closed.
I think the Cheyenne Wikipedia should be closed. Cheyenne is a native American language spoken by about 1700 people in Montana and Oklahoma.
This wiki is dead. Apart from spam and its cleanup there's no activity in the last months.
According to the statistics, there are 15 pages that are probably legitimate content pages. Of these:
This is, in my opinion, not enough to keep this wiki open. It's better if this wiki is sent back to the Incubator. -- Prince Kassad 20:53, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support Certainly some content, but little useful. Justin(u) 02:08, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- Support I can't see how this wiki can thrive. Not enough Cheyenne speakers and active editors to make a viable project. EJF 17:02, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
Support .... but I think that legitimate pages should be moved to Incubator, waiting for a better opportunity. --Norrin strange 08:40, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support No community, little activity. Sr13 19:55, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
- Support Move to Incubator. None-existing localisation is another issue. Siebrand 15:44, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
- Support Per nominator. Leptictidium 11:10, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- Support per Siebrand. Not enough activity to warrant its' own Wikipedia at this point in time. Razorflame 07:15, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Support Per nominator. --Andrijko Z. 19:08, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Support Dans l'état actuel du projet, je pense qu'on devrait fermer la wikipedia en cheyenne. Pour la simple raison que la wikipedia en cheyenne n'a ni administrateur pour surveiller le wiki ni traducteur pour traduire les messages en cheyenne . Je pense qu'à la place de cette wikipedia nous devrions ouvrir une wikipedia en langue Lakota. Pour une raison : elle a plus de locuteurs que la langue cheyenne (deux à trois fois plus environ). --Jagwar 交談 homewiki 20:10, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- Support - well, both the only "legitimate article" and the one "substub" have been deleted by now because they were anything but meaningful Cheyenne sentences. This is a dead project. It is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired etc. --Janneman 07:33, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- Support Xqt 14:41, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Hate to say it, but Support: Been observing/patrolling this wiki over the past months. In a last-ditch effort to convince myself of the opposite, I went through all pages, and sadly found some that seem to contain a variation of Turkic, rather than Cheyenne... Seb az86556 06:08, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- Node ue 00:48, 31 March 2008 (UTC) Most active Wikipedias took a while to get started, some took several years and are still moving at a snail's pace. We need to give such pages a chance.
- Oppose - Same reason as Node ue. Some content: enough. Little useful: never. We are speaking of a minority language. Maybe the wordlist can be regarded as a Wiktionary item, but a Cheyenne Wiktionary would be even more "closable" AND (many people, blinded by "what Wikipedias are and are not" [i.e. the perceived-by-some-as-absolute-lawlike rules created in and by big Wikipedias for obvious internal reasons] seem to forget) that that is information, and, as such, something Wikimedia has to take care of, not to switch off out of sight.--Piolinfax (@es.wikt) 22:23, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Don't add to discrimination of this language, again! There is no need to move it to incubator, better use your energy to support growth of the Wikipedia. That mainly involves getting contributors, mainly by providing them info about this Wikipedia, and maybe teaming up with their internet providers, and schools.--Purodha Blissenbach 18:03, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
- Keep it up. Cheyenne needs a chance! --220.127.116.11 09:48, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose Per Node ue. I'm learning Cheyenne now, you can see it looking for my recent activity in the Galician Wiktionary. You don't remember the Manx Wikipedia? A lot of time with no editions, only stub pages etc, and suddenly... now it has more than 2000 articles, and still growing. You have to understand that Cheyenne is not like English, not like French... Cheyenne is like Manx or like Greenlandese. Give them time. --Norrin strange 18:25, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose --Holder 12:42, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose This project deserves a chance. The Limburgish wiktionary has been inactive since it was set up, but now it has 17500 pages. It will grow. --OosWesThoesBes 19:14, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose. I have just added a linguistic query to chy:Talk:Main Page. Anthony Appleyard 09:33, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
- I did !vote "support," but tagging and deleting pages with "not in Cheyenne" when they clearly are is neither fair nor helpful. Thanks. Seb az86556 18:08, 4 April 2010 (UTC)