Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Basa Sunda Wikibooks (2)
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it.
This is a proposal for closing and/or deleting a wiki hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. It is subject to the current closing projects policy.
The proposal is accepted and the proposed actions should be taken.
- A Language Committee member provided the following comment: We can count this as "absence of content since the wiki's creation", especially in light of the fact that after a first proposal for closure, the promised activity did not begin. There do not seem to be more than 3 or 4 real Wikibooks-like pages; these can be preserved on Incubator for potential use in the future. --MF-W 00:20, 22 July 2012 (UTC) — Project closed per bugzilla:39054. The content was imported to Incubator. --MF-W 16:27, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
- Type: 1 (routine proposal)
- Proposed outcome: closure
- Proposed action regarding the content: should be transferred to Wikimedia Incubator
- Notice on the project: su:b:Obrolan:Tepas#Notice
- Informed Group(s): (Which chapters, wiki projects, and other community groups have been informed, if any.)
Years ago I proposed this very project to be closed at Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Basa Sunda Wikibooks. Notices were made on the project and over su.wikipedia. While the discussion was in favor of closing the project a couple of editors arrived then explained that they wanted to create content there; so I in good faith withdrew the request expecting that what they said was true.
Notwithstanding now in 2012 the status of the wiki is still the same. If you have a look over b:su:Special:Statistics you'll see that there's just 8 content pages which actually just a couple really do have content as others are duplications of the Main Page. The other 300+ pages are user and user talk pages which can't be counted as content, being content understood as encyclopaedic content which wikis are for: to look for educational content.
If you have a look at the latests changes in the whole past year the only activity there so far are Pathos' bot creating and deleting userpages as part of his synchbot service; as well some spam and vandalism being hosted there. While the new Closing projects policy stricly forbids closing projects due to inactivity, it does allows closure of projects that lacks content since its creation; which I feel it is the case.
As such I request that the Basa Sunda Wikibooks be closed and its content be transferred to the Incubator for future development if any. It is not worth for anybody to mantain open a project which is dead and has no content to look for, which is the important thing: content. Absent that, if there's no content, there should be certainly no wiki —or better said, not a single wiki for just one or two pages of content—.
These are my arguments which I do in good faith and I expect the community agrees with.
Best regards, —Marco Aurelio (audiencia) 19:40, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- As nominator. —Marco Aurelio (audiencia) 19:40, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- No useful content. TheChampionMan1234 (talk) 03:46, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe moving the notice from the main page talk, and getting one of their admins to turn it firstly into their language, and secondly into a CentralNotice might wake them up a bit. Seems like an english notice on a non-english wiki doesn't entirely do the job. Maybe speak to su.wikipedia first and see if someone can translate it. BarkingFish (talk) 19:02, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- This has come as a surprise to some of us in Indonesian/Sundanese projects. Since most of the Sundanese speaker also contributes in Indonesian Wikipedia/Wikibook, there was no notice to those two communities before. ✒ Bennylin 16:17, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it.