Promoting the South Asian languages projects/Gujarati
- Governments officials
- Gujarat Samachar (newspaper) http://www.gujaratsamachar.com/ editor@GujaratSamachar.com
- Sandesh (Gujarati daily) http://www.sandesh.com/
- Divya Bhaskar (Gujarati daily) http://www.divyabhaskar.co.in/
- Gujarati DD network (TV) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DD-Gujarati
- Sambhav (Gujarati daily) http://www.sambhaav.com/ email@example.com
Officials to be contactedEdit
- Mumbai: http://www.mu.ac.in/Department/gujarathi.html
- Ahmedabad: http://www.gujaratuniversity.org.in/web/WebArts.asp
- Other places in Gujarat: http://www.gujaratuniversity.org.in/web/WebOtherUni.asp
- Gujarat Vidyapeeth, Ahmedabad: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad: email@example.com
- South Gujarat University, Surat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Officials already contactedEdit
- Project coordinator: Yann Forget, yann (at) forget-me (dot) net
- Local contact: Anirudh, anirudhsbh (at) gmail (dot) com
Message to be sentEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation is a US-based non profit organisation dedicated to empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally. It provides the essential infrastructure and an organizational framework to support Wikipedia a multilingual online encyclopedia in more than 250 languages.
The Gujarati edition of Wikipedia would need some help from you. This encylopedia is written by volunteers. The English edition alone has more than 1,000,000 articles (10 lakhs), but the Gujarati edition did not gather an active community upto now. This is certainly not a permament state. Some other Indian languages are more successful: Telegu and Bengali have already some useful content and are improving (over 12,000 and 26,000 articles respectively).
This web site is very helpful for students, teachers and scholars.
As the head the Gujarati department of the ... University, we need your help to spread the word about this project, for the benefit of your students and staff.
In behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation,