Planning Wikimedia Usergroup Malawi
Planning Wikimedia Malawi User Group is a team of self-motivated Wikipedians currently planning a user group. The plan is t meet regularly to improve articles on Wikimedia Foundation project websites like Wikipedia and promote free and open access to knowledge locally and beyond. Also to increase Malawi's participation and contribution to the Wikimedia projects.
Logo is being conceptualised
People involved in the Planning Wikimedia Malawi UsergroupEdit
- To make use of, encourage the use of, and instruct people in the use of free and open source information resources; either electronic or printed for the advancement of education.
- To encourage the development and release of these materials in the languages of Malawi
- To aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties.
- To collaborate with public and private Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums in making their holdings more broadly and freely available to those interested in an effort to preserve the heritage of Malawi.
Purpose of the User GroupEdit
- To represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the Malawian Wikimedia contributing community
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education.
- To recruit technically and non-technically minded people to participate to Wikimedia projects.
- Organisation of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests, etc.
Events & ProjectsEdit
- Wiki Loves Africa
- Wikipedia Education Program
- GLAM work especially with National Archives of Malawi and Society of Malawi, Historical and Scientific
- Wikipedia Zero
- Wikipedia Offline (Kiwix)
- Wikipedia : School Series
- Prince Claus Funded project WikiAfrica Malawi
- Organised Wiki Loves Africa 2014 in Malawi
Kindly send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted as soon as possible.