Outreach to the developing world
Some ideas generated from the discussion at Jimbo's presentation at Harvard Law School on April 26, 2005:
- Provide content to the illiterate: audio versions in their language
- Provide ways for the illiterate to contribute...
- Provide ways to request articles by phone
- Ways to contribute by phone?
- Cf. the Blogger phone-blogging tool, where visitors come by and
- Provide ways for those without computers to request articles / have
access to key content / contribute
- Ditto for those with computers but no 'net connection; make as
compatible as possible with all machines
- Provide keyboard layouts for languages that are hard to type
- [cf. the rosetta stone project http://www.rosettaproject.org/ ]
- what about people without computer access in this country? starting with ways to help underfunded schools here with empty libraries
- heard about children's book project; where is it at? who is it for? [wikijunior]