Open letter to the Enciclopedia Libre group/Notes
Some useful notes from the mailing list.
The following translations are off the top of my head and a few quick trips to the dictionary. If there is any interest, I will work harder to make better translations. I did the "what we concede" part only. Anyone else who knows Spanish is welcome to join in, but it would probably be prefereable to do this on a page in the wikipedia format so there could be proper accents.
Tom Parmenter Ortolan88
Presento mis excusas antes leer a todos el mundo hispanohablante.
|From: Daniel Mayer <email@example.com> |Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:42:34 -0700 | |Here is a run-down of what I feel should be the ground rules for negotiation.
Aqui es un resumen de que quiero deber las reglas fundamental para negociacion.
|What we concede;
|1) Make sure this is done in Spanish
- I'm not sure what do you mean here
Hay que todo en castellano
- makes even less sense
|2) Ask them what we need to do in order to get them back into the Wikipedia |community.
?Que necesitamonos hacer para que vuelvan a la comunidad Wikipedia?
|3) Promise that we will never have any ads.
Prometemos que nunca tendremos anunciados comerciales
|4) We will strive to make Wikipedia as non-U.S./English-centric as possible |and ask them what we should do in order to accomplish this.
No esforzaremos por hacer Wikipedia tan no US/Ingles-centrica come sea posible, y preguntamos que debemos hacer para lograr esto.
|5) Explain the benefits of being part of the more general Wikipedia community |(inter-language links that work both ways, publicity, cross-traffic |and cross-collaboration and contributions)
Hay muchas ventajas ser participantes juntos en la comunidad Wikipedia general (los enlaces bilingues, publicidad para el proyecto, trafico entre wikipedias, colaboracion cruzada.
|6) State that we have no intention of ever removing es.wikipedia.com but we |could point that URL to the Seville server is they wish to stay on that |server.
No tenemos intenciones de eliminar es.wikipedia.com, pero podriamos apuntar ese URL al "server" sevillano si prefieren permanecer ahi.
7) Make .org the default for all language projects. I realize that this means getting Phase III rolled out on all the Wikipedias, as the internal link names need to be changed.
What we want; 1) Have them formally rejoin our project by changing their primary name back to Wikipedia or a convenient Spanish version of that word ("Huiquipedia" maybe).
- Is this really necesary? I don't remember the conclusion of the discussion about this. --Anon
- Your presumption is incorrect. The above is just my own ideas and is only being presented as my own ideas. Everything is still being discussed. --maveric149
2) For them to use Phase III software. 3) Provide inter-language links to all Wikipedia language projects. 4) For them to use Intl-wiki-L. 5) Update their about page to remove misleading statements about Wikipedia, especially the English Wikipedia.
If negotiations break-down; We set-up es.wikipedia.org with Phase III and ignore EL. OR We set-up es.wikipedia.org with Phase III and provide el: inter-language links to their project.