The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-nl queue, please apply below and send an email to contact-nllists.wikimedia.org for the team to assess your application.
|Please and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrswikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.|
- User links:
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: Turkish-N, English-3
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:tr:User talk:Chansey
- Queues you would like access to: info-tr, permissions-tr, permissions-commons
- Email sent? Yes
Hi. I am Chansey from trwiki. I am a local sysop at my home wikipedia. I would like to help newcomers and the non-wikimedians who need help about our project. Especially in my local wiki I am facing a lot of newcomer who need assistance about Wikimedia projects. I am helping at our local help desk, I love help people so I would like to expand my service area. Also I am interesting copyrighted images which uploaded to Commons by Turkish speaker Wikimedians. I usually nominated them for speedy deletion. On my local wiki I deleted lots of images and articles for copyright violation. I know the Wikimedia copyright policy. For all these reasons I am kindly requesting to be assigned as a OTRS member. If you have concern about my Commons experience please mention here. Best regards. chansey message? 02:52, 21 July 2020 (UTC)
- I looked at the user's Turkish talk page even though I do not know the language. I see friendly looking messaging from lots of users. This person has 20k edits on Turkish Wikipedia. @Chansey:, can you get 1-2 endorsements from anyone who uses Turkish language in Wikimedia projects? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:38, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support. Chansey is a trusted and friendly person in Turkish Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure he will be able to handle this duty as he's a user who has proven his capabilities while doing his work as a sysop. Good luck :)--evrifaessa ❯❯❯ mesaj 13:00, 9 August 2020 (UTC)