North Carolina Wikipedians/Monthly-Meeting

2019Edit

FebruaryEdit

DateEdit

February 27th from 6 - 7pm

LocationEdit

OptSus Marketing 800 Park Offices Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC Innovate conference room on the 3rd floor

Remote ParticipationEdit

https://meet.google.com/mav-cryf-mua

+1 929-324-1391‬ PIN: ‪668 364 443‬#

AgendaEdit

  • schedule March meeting
  • discuss leadership team selection
  • March 26th event in Winston Salem college.

RSVPEdit

Frankcjones (talk) 17:05, 19 February 2019 (UTC) Kayz911 (talk) 16:15, 20 February 2019 (UTC)

Jodi Wert - Attending

RegretsEdit

Eyoungstrom (talk)

MarchEdit

DateEdit

March 25th from 7 - 8pm

LocationEdit

OptSus Marketing 800 Park Offices Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC Dive conference room on the 3rd floor

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet

meet.google.com/eik-ybwm-otx

Phone Number

+1 385-404-5230‬

PIN: ‪640 849 663#‬

AgendaEdit

  • Schedule April - June meetings
  • Select leadership team
  • March 26th event in Winston Salem
  • Delegating a strategy liaison (see below)

Strategy liaisonEdit

From an email sent by Wikimedia Deutschland on 24 February 2019:

You are receiving this message because you have been a point of contact in for the strategy team in phase 1. We are now on the search for representatives from the organized part of our movement who can act as liaisons between their group and the current phase of the Movement Strategy Process. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20

The core goal of the Movement Strategy Process is to develop and implement recommendations for a structural reform of the Wikimedia Movement to advance in the Strategic Direction. Central to doing this effectively will be establishing a continuous dialogue with Individual Contributors as well as Organized Groups to ensure they remain up to date about the ongoing conversations and are enabled to provide input from their perspective.

With this email, we invite you to sign up as a Strategy Liaison for your Affiliate, group, collaboration or committee. As the interface between the overall process and organizations, Strategy Liaisons for Organized Groups will assist the flow of information so that Organized Groups can take part in global conversations and surface what matters most in their context.

Strategy Liaisons for Organized Groups will:

  • Act as the bridge between Organized Groups and the overall Movement Strategy Process;
  • Proactively update their organization about the ongoing work and how it can participate in it effectively;
  • Coordinate and facilitate discussions within the organization and highlight the most important organizational feedback points to the Working Groups.

We’d like Strategy Liaisons to commit to the role from March to December, 2019. In some weeks, such as during the community conversations in March-April as well as August-September, Liaisons will ideally be able to commit approximately 5-8 hours per week to monitor global conversations and facilitate organizational discussions. Outside of the active periods, you would ideally be able to commit 1-2 hours per week to stay up to date and engage with important questions or issues related to your organization.

If this has sparked your interest, you can

[Note: These have all passed, but supposedly there will be more]

In the coming weeks, we will also work with 9 Community Language Liaisons and call for volunteer Liaisons for Community Conversations to engage with the individual contributor communities.

RSVPEdit

RegretsEdit

None

MinutesEdit

In attendance: 6 members

SCHEDULE APRIL - JUNE MEETINGS

  • Meetings are scheduled for the third Monday of the month, 7pm - 8pm, at Research Triangle Park in NC. As NC membership grows, we will consider hosting meetings at different locations.

SELECT LEADERSHIP TEAM

  • We selected people for the following roles:
  • Chair;
  • Co Chair / Secretary;
  • Co Chair / Treasurer for Triangle Area, NC (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill);
  • Liaison / Treasurer for Western NC

All members are in charge of communication & promotion of WMF's mission to help everyone share in the sum of all knowledge. Current goal: Increase active membership to achieve many hands, light work.

ACCOUNTABILITIES AT THE FOREFRONT OF OUR MINDS (continuing discussion):

  • Keep membership and meetings moving / growing;
  • Attendance @ WALRUS;
  • Mailing lists - which are most relevant to our group at this time?;
  • Annual report;
  • Process for selecting delegate to attend WMF Berlin;
  • Find more events / ways to engage (ongoing edu & outreach);
  • Advocacy

MARCH 26TH EVENT IN WINSTON SALEM

  • 2 members will attend this event.
  • Attending members, do you want to add a summary report here?
  • Ask from our membership: Let the folks in Winston-Salem know that our membership is growing, and we have women on our team. Our apologies that no women could make this event, and thanks to the men who are representing!

DELEGATE A STRATEGY LIAISON

  • A member is interested and discerning this role. Outcome TBA.

END OF MINUTES FROM MARCH 25, 2019 MEETING

AprilEdit

DateEdit

April 15, 2019, 7 - 8pm

LocationEdit

OptSus Marketing 800 Park Offices Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet

meet.google.com/eik-ybwm-otx

Phone Number

+1 385-404-5230‬

PIN: ‪640 849 663#‬

AgendaEdit

  • Share contact info among members
  • List events that qualify as Educational Outreach.
  • Outline A-Z protocol on hosting an event.
  • A member wants to discuss the best event for a particular group.
  • What else? Add on!

MinutesEdit

In attendance: 3 members (2 in person, 1 call-in)

NAME CHANGE

  • It's official! We changed from North Carolina Triangle Wikipedians to NORTH CAROLINA WIKIPEDIANS. We'll need to fix some links and pages to be fully integrated.

GRANT APPLICATION FOR HOSTING EVENTS (for next 6 months)

  • Due Date: May 1st
  • Name: Wikipedia Rapid Grant
  • To Do: Bulleted list outlining the event
      • What you want to do
      • How you want to do it
      • Where you want to do it
      • With whom
      • $$ amount needed (≥ $2,000), and how funds will be budgeted (easier if individual is receiving funds vs. an institution)
  • Post-event: send in report & receipts
      • Resources to Learn More About Grant Applications
            1. 1 - a member in our group (ask if you don't know)
            2. 2 - a member in our group (ask if you don't know)
            3. 3 - Google search

MEETING LOGISTICS

  • Time & Place: Keep at set time (7-8pm) and place (RTI) so folks can set a habit.
  • Remote Participation: If joining remotely, please call in on Google Hangouts. Instructions are on our user group page under the meeting date.

WIKI CONFERENCE NORTH AMERICA:

  • In Boston
  • September or October
  • Watch for details
  • On user group page, we need to share deadlines & application

THE REST IS (MOSTLY) TO ORIENT NEWBIES

  • GUIDING PRINCIPLES: Just in Time Learning (learn what's needed just in time to do a task) & Do What You Can
  • SHARE CONTACT INFO AMONG MEMBERS: Chair, Co Chairs, and a Wise Man have each other's info. That seems sufficient for now.
  • LIST EVENTS THAT QUALIFY AS EDU OUTREACH & OUTLINE A-Z PROTOCOL ON HOSTING AN EVENT: This is happening over email. See Wiki Edu as well.
  • WALRUS MEETINGS: If someone in the group is able to attend quarterly, it's a win for us!
  • OUTLINE OF ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This convo may unfold more, but for now, our Co Chair / Treasurer is in charge of money matters / grant applications for the group, and our Co Chair / Secretary is in charge of monthly agenda, minutes, and documentation for the group. If someone hosts an event, they will likely help out with grants and documentation related to their event.
  • GO-TO SOURCE FOR WIKIPEDIA
  • People! Have a question? Tap the network!
  • Internet! Figure out the key words, and, hopefully, the search engine will drop you in the appropriate rabbit hole.

END OF MINUTES FOR APRIL 15, 2019 MEETING

MayEdit

DateEdit

May 20, 2019, 7 - 8pm

LocationEdit

This is a call-in meeting. Please see below for remote participation instructions.

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet https://meet.google.com/yjq-weit-dno?hs=122

Join by phone +1 260-232-3941‬ PIN: ‪847 523 422‬#

AgendaEdit

  • Details on Wiki Conference North America
  • What else? Add on!

MinutesEdit

Present: 4 members, all call-in

WIKI CONFERENCE NORTH AMERICA

  • Location: definitely Boston, MA
  • Date / Timing to be determined (when funding is secure)
  • A member will post more information as it's available.
  • Last year's conference information can be found at https://wikiconference.org/wiki/2018/Main_Page

GRANT APPLICATION STATUS

  • Our Co-Chair / Treasurer is in final stages of submitting the application. Thank you to all who helped!
  • There's a section in the grant to ask for members' usernames in support of the grant. When grant is submitted, our Co-Chair / Treasurer will email a call to action: 1 sentence + a link to the grant.

EMAIL LISTSERV

  • A member will email the listserv to the rest of the group.

WIKI NORTH AMERICA WALRUS CALLS

  • The next call is Monday, June 10th, 9pm EST
  • Our Co-Chair / Secretary will join the call.
  • June call details will be posted soon (facilitators, agenda, etc.)
  • For reference, here's a link to the May 2019 meeting details: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WALRUS/May_2019

LOCATION TRANSITIONS

  • 2 members are moving away from the Triangle area this summer.
  • We will miss them, and cheer their WMF work in their new homes. Together we are one body, many parts!
  • One of the relocating members currently hosts our meetings at his workplace.
  • During our June and July meetings, we will brainstorm best options for a new meeting location.
  • Idea: survey the current participating membership (Chair, Co-Chair / Treasurer, Co-Chair / Secretary) for meeting locations that make sense for their home and work geographies, as well as ease of navigating, parking, and distance for potential members.

JuneEdit

DateEdit

Monday, June 17, 2019, 7 - 8pm

LocationEdit

https://www.google.com/maps/place/OptSus+Marketing/@35.8961659,-78.8724993,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89acef5c466eedf7:0x876eb6c64278740e!8m2!3d35.8961659!4d-78.8703106 OptSus Marketing 800 Park Offices Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet

meet.google.com/yjq-weit-dno

Phone Number

+1 260-232-3941

PIN: ‪847 523 422‬#

AgendaEdit

  • Begin discussion: our new meeting location starting in August / September. Continue this discussion at July meeting. Idea: survey the current participating membership (Chair, Co-Chair / Treasurer, Co-Chair / Secretary) for meeting locations that make sense for their home and work geographies, as well as ease of navigating, parking, and distance for potential members.
  • What else? Add on!

MinutesEdit

Our Co-Chair / Secretary will not attend this meeting. Is another member willing to take / post minutes?

JulyEdit

DateEdit

Monday, July 15, 2019, 7 - 8pm

LocationEdit

This is a call meeting - please join Hangouts or by phone (below).

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet meet.google.com/yjq-weit-dno

Join by phone ‪+1 260-232-3941‬ PIN: ‪847 523 422‬#

AgendaEdit

  • Plans for Fall
  • Operations
  • Next Meeting

MinutesEdit

PLANS FOR FALL

  • Continue planning big events and edit-a-thons, and share plans / feedback with our NC Wikipedia group so we can support and celebrate.
  • As a group, choose dates (1, 2, 3?) for coffee socials to recruit new NC Wikipedia members. An idea: host one in each big city of the Triangle Area: Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh.

OPERATIONS

  • Monthly meetings will be CALL MEETINGS, and will remain on the 3rd Monday of the month @ 7pm.
  • Our Treasurer will check grant status.
  • Our new Co-chairs are committed to learning more about how Wikipedia works so we can spread the word with consistency.
  • A near-term goal: join WALRUS calls.
  • A far-term goal: create a social media page for NC Wikipedia. Do we need to discuss as a larger group?

NEXT MEETING

  • Monday, August 26, 2019 (this is an exception to our normal 3rd Monday)
  • 7pm call

AugustEdit

DateEdit

Monday, August 26, 2019, 7 - 8pm (this is an exception to our normal 3rd Monday)

LocationEdit

This is a call meeting - please join Hangouts or by phone (below).

Remote ParticipationEdit

Join Hangouts Meet meet.google.com/yjq-weit-dno

Join by phone ‪+1 260-232-3941‬ PIN: ‪847 523 422‬#

AgendaEdit

  • Plans for Fall
  • Future Edit-a-thons dates
  • New Rapid Grants procedures
  • New Rapid Grants proposals (if you have an idea, please be ready to submit one in September)
  • Membership drive ideas
  • Wikimedia+Education Conference: A member wants to learn more, and possibly attend next year. Here's a link to the 2019 Conference
  • More agenda items? Add on!

MinutesEdit

NEXT MEETING

  • Monday, September 16, 2019

2020Edit

January 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a call meeting - please join via Web Ex, information will be in your email, please pass on to any interested friends.

AgendaEdit

  • Plans for Spring
    • HGAPS is doing edit-a-thons at UNC Chapel Hill on Thursday nights, March 19 and April 2
  • Future Edit-a-thons
  • Membership drive ideas
  • In person chapter meetings
  • Email listserv and who will monitor?
  • More agenda items? Please feel free to add them below.

Notes at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/nc-triangle-wikipedians-2020jan14

NotesEdit

Notes:

  • Plans for spring / future edit-a-thons:
    • 1Lib1Ref starts tomorrow! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1Lib1Ref
    • Target for UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries: 400 citations!
    • Annual Women in Science edit-a-thon happening at UNC Library (Kenan Science Library in Venable Hall, https://marine.unc.edu/about-us/contact/driving-directions/) in April
    • Journalism Library at UNC-Chapel Hill may also have another edit-a-thon in the spring
    • Black Mountain College Museum in Asheville wants to do Art + Feminism edit-a-thon in March. Kasey submitting grant proposal.
      • Alice Whiteside at UNC-Chapel Hill has run numerous Art + Feminism edit-a-thons and can provide guidance if needed.
      • HGAPS (https://hgaps.org) is doing edit-a-thons at UNC Chapel Hill (usually Howell Hall, next to the arboretum) (https://maps.unc.edu/history/unc-museum/howell-hall/ ) on Thursday nights, March 19 and April 2
        • We can pay for parking for people interested in either event, and there will be food! (Pizza, or Moe's, or similar) 5-7pm
        • March 19 is focused on clinical psychology and assessment, with lots of graduate students and some professors and clinicians
    • April 2 is focused on using Wikipedia in teaching (show and tell around Wiki Edu, and small groups working on projects)
    • Danielle planning to do an edit-a-thon at NCCU this semester
    • Gaurav interested in doing something for Wikipedia Day... but time is tight.
    • Durham Public Library is a draw, because it's either open/will open, so people might show up just to look at it
  • Membership drive ideas/in-person chapter meetings
  • Email listserv and who will monitor?
  • Next meeting day
    • Tuesday, Feb 4, 2020
    • Tuesday, Mar 3, 2020
    • First Tuesday of the month!
    • Tentative: *Tuesday, April 14, 2020 (not first Tuesday due to Wikimedia Summit)

Action items:

  • Kasey: Report on grant application submission process on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Wikipedians, as well as recent edit-a-thon outcomes.
  • Kasey: If you want to follow up with Alice Whiteside re: running an Art + Feminism edit-a-thon, get in touch with Therese or Emily.
  • Gaurav: look into organizing a last-minute Wikipedia Day thing.
  • Everyone: scout locations for social (non-edit-a-thon) gatherings
  • Danielle: set up mailing list, add Gaurav as secondary administrator

February 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a conference call meeting, please pass on to any interested friends. Dial-in Number for Conference call: 612-421-0950 Conference Code: 945070 Time: 7:30 pm EST

AgendaEdit

  • Follow up on tasks from last meeting
  • Mailing list complication
  • Wikipedia Day event follow up
  • 1Lib1Ref Follow up
  • March: Social Meeting

NotesEdit

  • Grant was sent in but due to complicated process it was not fully submitted
  • Ideas for next year, plan ahead for for Wikipedia Day across NC (have events across the state)
  • Frank will contact someone about the mailing list

Events:

  • Women in Science at ECU (hope to do this in the future)
  • Wikipedia Hip Hop Edit-a-thon in Charolotte, NC, February 7, hosted with MIT and Afrocrowd
  • Art Library at UNC hosting Art and Feminism March 2
  • Black Mountain College Edit-at-thon March 28
  • March in person social, meet at the Transfer Company Food Hall in Raleigh, a Doodle Poll will be send out for possible dates.

March 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a conference call meeting, please pass on to any interested friends. Dial-in Number for Conference call: 612-421-0950 Conference Code: 945070 Time: 7:30 pm EST

AgendaEdit

April 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, Arpil 28, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Webex meeting, please pass on to any interested friends. Meeting information in email. Time: 7:30 pm EST

AgendaEdit

  • Social Meeting
  • Please add agenda

June 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a conference call meeting, please pass on to any interested friends. Dial-in Number for Conference call: (701) 802-5077 Conference Code: 175062 Time: 7:30 pm EST

AgendaEdit

August 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Zoom meeting, please pass on information shared in email to to any interested friends. Time: 7:30 pm EST

AgendaEdit

October 2020Edit

DateEdit

Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Google Meet meeting, please pass on information shared in email to to any interested friends. Contact User No misunderstanding (talk) if you have any questions about meeting details.

AgendaEdit

2021Edit

February 2021Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, February 18, 2021, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Google Meet meeting, please pass on information shared in email to to any interested friends. Contact User No misunderstanding (talk) if you have any questions about meeting details.

AgendaEdit

  • WCNA 2021 Planning is underway, please give your feedback: Survey link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXUnVDD-Z3aO9DAoyDDBtdSEE6fv7ltZG6yGK_PuUI3xuvzQ/viewform

  • WCNA 2020
  • Future Plans
  • Questions/Comments/Ideas
  • Please add to the agenda

October 2021Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, October 7, 2021, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Zoom meeting, please pass on information shared in email to to any interested friends. Contact User Sodapopinski7 (talk) if you have any questions about meeting details.

AgendaEdit


December 2021Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, December 2, 2021, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

LocationEdit

This is a Zoom meeting, please pass on information shared in email to to any interested friends. Contact User Sodapopinski7 (talk) if you have any questions about meeting details.

AgendaEdit

  • Big Wiki* updates -- Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Charter, etc.
  • Spring planning
  • Questions/Comments/Ideas
  • Discuss possible joint activities with HGAPS User Group -- User:Eyoungstrom as liaison
    • Edit-a-thons
    • Working on specific pages
    • Train the trainer workshops
    • Assisting with execution of rapid grants?
      • Prizes?
      • Direct support for your time? (fiscal or credit -- letter of commendation/thanks? Barnstar?)
  • [Add your agenda item here]

NotesEdit

  • We're being asked whether we, as a user group, think there should be a formal ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. During the meeting, nobody had strong feelings either way.
  • Spring planning
    • A remote New Year gathering? And/or something for Wikipedia Day?
    • We talked about a possible outdoor gathering, perhaps a botanical photo walk or something monument-themed in Hillsborough (a Revolutionary War town).

2022Edit

January 2022Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, January 6, 2022, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

LocationEdit

Zoom

AgendaEdit

  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants -- just got a note about these, which I've copied below
  • Updates
  • Spring event
  • Group structure and management

NotesEdit

Movement Strategy Implementation GrantsEdit

From the Movement Strategy and Governance Team

Hello, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wishes you a good start of the new 2022!

As we begin this year, we look forward to seeing more collaboration, increased support and connection between communities and affiliates. We would like to use this chance to share some information on the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants that aim to support volunteers and affiliates looking to help in implementing the Movement Strategy Initiatives within their communities.

These grants support big and small projects that aim to take the current state of an initiative and push it one step forward. Apply for a grant to implement a Movement Strategy initiative with a budget up to $25,000.

We understand that ideas flow at their own pace, so Movement Strategy Implementation Grants are designed to be flexible with no set deadline. Your applications are welcome at any time. Applications received after the 15th of each month will be reviewed in the following month.

Get in touch with us if you would like to discuss your project proposal or if you need more information about the program. The Movement Strategy and Governance team is happy to host conversations regarding these grants. Conversations may help answer your questions, develop your ideas, and connect with other communities with similar interests.

Please see Grants:MSIG and suggested examples, and you are welcome to join the "MS – Grants Community of Practice" group on Telegram!

Spring eventEdit

We discussed coordinating a statewide, asynchronous event over three months during the spring. The goal would be to encourage people across North Carolina to take photos of state parks and historic sites (especially those that haven't been well-documented) and upload them to the Wikimedia Commons. We'll build a list in Meta of 100 places in NC that we'd like to make more visible in North Carolina.

Three group members are working on a project proposal for this and we'll discuss again at our upcoming meetings.

February 2022Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, February 3, 2022, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm

LocationEdit

Zoom

AgendaEdit

  • Updates:
    • Movement strategy grant proposals
    • Board of Trustees election call for feedback from affiliates
    • Movement Brand Guidelines
    • Community Wishlist Survey – vote!
    • Black Lunch Table hiring
  • Spring event

NotesEdit

  • Updates
    • UNC 1Lib1Ref
      • 15 editors on the dashboard
    • Movement strategy grants proposals (Grants:MSIG/About)
    • Board of Trustees Election is happening
      • They want feedback from User Groups and Chapters at Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Board of Trustees elections
      • Governance review in 2019 where they identified areas of concern, leading to several key concerns:
        • What is the best way to ensure more diverse representation among elected candidates?
        • What are the expectations for the candidates during the election?
        • How should affiliates participate in the elections?
      • Trying to organize a conversation among North American affiliates; the scheduled times are:
        • #1 - Thursday Feb 3rd, @ 18:00 UTC - 19:15 UTC (1:00 p.m.)
        • #2 - Saturday Feb 5th, @ 18:00 UTC - 19:15 UTC
        • There is a meeting tentatively scheduled with an alternate timing:
        • #3 - (tentative) Sunday Feb 6th, @ 03:00 UTC - 04:15 UTC (10:00 p.m.)
      • Please ask User:Gaurav for Zoom links to the above if needed.
      • Similar to the Movement conversation we had before: we have few active members, and it’s a lot of work to catch up on the discussions.
    • Movement Brand Guidelines
      • Lead by Samir Elsharbaty (https://wikimediafoundation.org/profile/samir-elsharbaty/)
      • "Brand guidelines are a set of guidelines that a community or an organisation creates to ensure that their outreach and communications appear cohesive, connected, and representative of their mission. Wikimedia’s brand guidelines are a critical global resource for our movement because they document our brand’s visual system and catalogue our brand’s assets, which include everything from logos and fonts to colours and imagery.”
      • What improvements are being proposed?
        • The Brand portal on meta, our resource on how to best represent our movement identity. You can see the old version here and the new version here.
        • New helpful templates for creating logos and wordmarks on Figma here. These templates aim to help everyone, especially non designers, create logos and social media visuals easily in no time.
        • New presentation template to use when presenting during events here. You can also check out the current template for comparison here.
    • Community Wishlist Survey 2022
    • Black Lunch Table looking to hire
      • Black Lunch Table is seeking out new editors to join us as regional proxies. Regional proxies help establish Black Lunch Table’s Wikipedia initiative in their own community and develop the local editorship by hosting Wikipedia edit-a-thons, pop-up photo studios, or contests. The full description and details can be found on our website: http://blacklunchtable.com/jobs/
      • Please share with your networks and anyone you think would be interested. We also welcome recommendations of Wikimedians that would be perfect for who this advert may not reach.
  • Spring Event
    • See notes on shared North Carolina Wikipedians spring 2022 photo project document

Action itemsEdit


March 2022Edit

DateEdit

Thursday, March 3, 2022, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

LocationEdit

Zoom

AgendaEdit

  • Updates
  • Spring event

NotesEdit

  • Updates
    • Wikimania may happen in August, online with possible dispersed in-person events.
  • Spring event
    • Could start with a locally-scoped photo project, in the North Carolina Triangle
    • Tentatively May 1 to June 22, 2022
    • Tentative description: The North Carolina Wikipedians User Group is launching a collaborative photo campaign from May 1 to June 22. We invite anyone in the Research Triangle of North Carolina to take photos of parks, historic sites, and botanical gardens and upload them to the Wikimedia Commons.