- Introduction to editing basics
- Evaluating Wikipedia article quality brochure
- Using talk pages handout
- Wikimarkup cheatsheet (included in Welcome to Wikipedia brochure)
- Create a user page, and sign up on the list of students on the course page.
- To practice editing and communicating on Wikipedia, introduce yourself to any Wikipedians helping your class (such as a Wikipedia Ambassador), and leave a message for a classmate on their user talk page.
All students in the class:
- have a Wikipedia user account; and
- have make their first edits in a sandbox.