Princeton University's Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library is hosting its a series of Edit-A-Thons with the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students for the spring semester. Wikipedians of all experience levels are encouraged to participate.
WHO: Alumni, students, staff and anyone else!
WHAT: Focusing our efforts this time around on expanding the current pages related to Princeton University.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 20th 12-2pm.
WHERE: Frist Campus Center
WHY: To continue our efforts to add valuable Princeton related information to Wikipedia.
OTHER: Please bring your laptop since you will be asked to create a Wikipedia account if you do not already have an account (you are not required to have an account before participating) Public transportation may be best because parking may be difficult due to the big game. NJ Transit has a connection train, (dinky), with a drop off point within walking distance.
Possible Article TopicsEdit
- Princeton University Finding Aids -- Guides to our holdings This resource includes some digitized material, but is mostly an online guide to physical holdings at the Mudd Library
- Princeton University Periodicals -- The Daily Princetonian and the Princeton Weekly Bulletin, completely full-text searchable.
- Princeton Alumni Weekly Memorial Index This index covers all alumni for whom obituaries appeared in the Princeton Alumni Weekly and its predecessor, the Alumni Princetonian, between April 1894 and July 2011. The index includes some faculty and honorary class members.
- Digitized Films from the Mudd Library - Athletics This blog includes digitized copies of our films and commentary about them.
Princetoniana Resources Available to Use in Mudd Manuscript Library Reference RoomEdit
- Card catalog index to Princeton Alumni Weekly through 1990, and issues of PAW.
- Full runs of Nassau Herald, Freshman Herald and Bric-a-Brac.
- Class reunion books (often contain biographical information).
- Biographies of 18th century Princetonians.
- Printed histories of Princeton in general, as well as specific topics such as women in engineering, sports, etc.
- Published books related to Princeton football and other athletics.
By the NumbersEdit
- Total attendees:
- Princeton undergraduates:
- Usernames created: