Add your name to this list if you can make it to our first meeting in Portsmouth. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects, and those who are interested in finding out more about the projects, are welcome!
|South Africa 4 (virtual)||15 August|
|London 157 (virtual)||9 August|
|South Africa 3 (virtual)||25 July|
|London 156 (virtual)||12 July|
|Hong Kong 125 (virtual)||11 July|
|UK 1 (virtual)||16 May|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Portsmouth Wikimedia Meetup Number 1Edit
Date and time: Sunday 29 June 2014. 2.00 pm onwards.Edit
Location: The Isambard Kingdom Brunel, 2 Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DD.Edit
Please also invite any Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) who are in and around Portsmouth – spread the word!
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 14:05, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- I will try to come along if I can. It certainly isn't far away from home for me! CT Cooper · talk 16:45, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- I've not been very active recently, but sounds good! Brammers (talk) 21:31, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- Chaps, I'm afraid I have a sudden change of plans. Hope you all have a good time tomorrow and see you for the next one! Perhaps we could discuss if/how we could engage Portsmouth Uni – I have a few contacts there and I suspect the university would have some useful resources. Sorry for the late notice! Brammers (talk) 11:17, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Need to update some southsea pics.Geni (talk) 02:10, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- I'll try my best to be there, especially since I only live ten minutes away. - JuneGloom07 Talk? 21:07, 22 June 2014 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
About the meet upEdit
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
The Isambard Kingdom Brunel is a Wetherspoons pub, named for the 19th Century engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel who was born less than half a mile away. Wifi and food are available.
How to spot usEdit
It's usually easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia T-shirt, lapel badge or similar. We'll aim to sit somewhere prominent, but do feel free to ring Chris on 07548 103 782 if you can't find us.
The pub is on the corner of Guildhall Walk and King Henry I street, opposite Guildhall Square (note it is not on Isambard Brunel Road). It is about 5 minutes walk from Portsmouth and Southsea station, and 15 minutes walk from Portsmouth Harbour station, the main bus station ("The Hard") and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
There are two Isambard Brunel car parks on Alec Rose Lane about 2 minutes walk away from the pub, details are on the Portsmouth City Council website.