Add your name to this list if you can make it to our sixth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|Oxford 83||16 October|
|London 185||9 October|
|London 184||11 September|
|UK virtual 15||25 August|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Oxford Wikimedia Meetup Number 6Edit
Date and time: Sunday 14th July 2013. 1.00 pm onwards.Edit
Location: The Four Candles, 51 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2BE.Edit
Please also invite any Oxford Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 22:33, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
- I expect to be there (the changed date suits me better). Maproom at English Wikipedia 14:17, 5 June. Updated 23 June.
- Apologies, but I am too far away. Please convey my regards to all who attend. 184.108.40.206 21:37, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- Can't promise anything, but I'll try. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 16:56, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- I will be there in spirit, perhaps in body. -- Jpbowen (talk) 15:44, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- Will be there (if not cancelled). —MistyMorn (talk) 10:43, 13 July 2013 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
About the meet upEdit
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
How to spot usEdit
It's usually easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia T-shirt, lapel badge or similar. We aim to secure one of the two bench seats behind the stairs, but failing that we'll probably be at one of the high tables between the stairs and the entrance.
George Street is in the centre of Oxford not far from the station and very close to the bus station and Worcester Street car park.