Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventeenth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
|South Africa 4 (virtual)||15 August|
|London 157 (virtual)||9 August|
|South Africa 3 (virtual)||25 July|
|London 156 (virtual)||12 July|
|Hong Kong 125 (virtual)||11 July|
|UK 1 (virtual)||16 May|
|Oxford 81||15 March|
|Kaduna 2020||29 February|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Oxford Wikimedia Meetup Number 17Edit
Date and time: Sunday 15 June 2014. 1.00 pm onwards.Edit
Location: The Four Candles, 51 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2BE.Edit
Please also invite any Oxford Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 20:05, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK) (talk) 08:29, 2 June 2014 (UTC)
- see you guys there Ozankoch (talk) 15:46, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
- Robevans123 (talk; at English Wikipedia)17:17, 10 June 2014 (UTC) sorry, broken down, awaiting RAC, probably won't make it
- Geni (talk) 06:50, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
- I didn't get to sign up on time, but I was actually there for a bit. MistyMorn (talk) 18:28, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below:
- Wikimania 2014 - be warned that this link will set a "forceHTTPS" cookie even if you have the "Always use a secure connection when logged in" preference disabled on that site. The effect of this is that you will be switched from http: to https: on all Wikipedia/Wikimedia sites. The only way of returning to normal is to log out, clear all cookies, and log in again.
About the meet upEdit
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
How to spot usEdit
It's usually easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia T-shirt, lapel badge or similar. We aim to secure one of the two bench seats behind the stairs, but failing that we'll probably be at one of the high tables between the stairs and the entrance. We could be upstairs.
George Street is in the centre of Oxford not far from the station and very close to the bus station and Worcester Street car park.