|London 197||8 October|
|Oxford 93||17 September|
|Bristol 4||16 September|
|London 196||10 September|
|Bangkok 3||26 August|
|Wikimania 2023 Singapore||16-19 August|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 11th January 2015 — 13:00 onwards Edit
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1 Edit
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Philafrenzy (talk) 21:39, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK) (talk) 10:53, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 02:16, 2 January 2015 (UTC)
- Andrew (talk) 19:23, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 11:17, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 14:03, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
- Rich Farmbrough 23:28 9 January 2015 (GMT).
- coming Johnbod (talk) 12:45, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
- User:Tanzitutu--Tanzi22 (talk) 03:46, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- Geni (talk) 05:48, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) 11:30, 11 January 2015 (UTC) Setting off.
May be attending Edit
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 16:31, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 22:18, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
What happened Edit
This month we had about 20 attendees ranging from complete newbies to experienced editors. As well as a couple of one on one training sessions and some useful advice on copyright from Geni, conversations ranged from wiki matters to future London events.
About the meetup Edit
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Disabled access Edit
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak Edit
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
Getting there Edit
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station and Temple tube station are not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
Back-up plan Edit
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.