|London 193||11 June|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Oxford 90||18 June|
|Oxford 89||21 May|
|London 192||14 May|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 182Edit
Date and time: Sunday 10 July 2022 — 13:00 onwards
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Exchange books, maps and other source materials.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this: * ~~~~
- Philafrenzy (talk) 21:32, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 12:44, 13 June 2022 (UTC)
- Serendipodous (talk) 10:34, 14 June 2022 (UTC)
- Discott (talk) 14:42, 22 June 2022 (UTC) -
I am visiting from Cape Town and I have not attended a London meetup in about 10 years so I am really looking forward to joining the meetup.
- Edwardx (talk) 20:40, 25 June 2022 (UTC)
- --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 16:46, 5 July 2022 (UTC)
- Broichmore (talk) 14:51, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- Planning to visit St Stephen's Tavern and expect to stop by afterwards. Andrew D. (talk) 22:28, 12 June 2022 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 08:11, 17 June 2022 (UTC), Who knows!
- the wub "?!" 23:00, 23 June 2022 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 12:13, 28 June 2022 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) 21:36, 1 July 2022 (UTC)
- If I make enough progress on my dissertation that week I'll be there! ThadeusOfNazereth (talk) 23:17, 1 July 2022 (UTC)
Interested but not attendingEdit
- Off to this. One day I will have another free Sunday :-/ Ritchie333 (talk) 13:11, 14 June 2022 (UTC)
- May have a chance on a future in-person meetup. Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 23:37, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- Busy this month, one month I will make it I hope. Joseph2302 (talk) 11:39, 28 June 2022 (UTC)
- Sorry... I wish I could...not able for next few months. Whispyhistory (talk) 19:42, 28 June 2022 (UTC)
- Interested but I'd like a to ensure I've got an AZD2816 first rather than just two AZD1222 with an mRNA-1273 booster. Djm-leighpark (talk) 06:54, 2 July 2022 (UTC)
About the meetupEdit
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's OakEdit
The Penderel's Oak is a Wetherspoons pub in Holborn.
Address: 283-288 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7HP (OSM) (GMap)
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station is not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.