People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome!
|Oxford 79||19 January|
|London 150||12 January|
|New York City||18 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Oxford 78||17 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 14 July 2019 — 13:00 onwardsEdit
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1Edit
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this: * ~~~~
- Philafrenzy (talk) 22:38, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 22:56, 26 June 2019 (UTC)
- (Really will try this time!) Johnbod (talk) 02:48, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 19:50, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
- Ritchie333 (talk) 11:28, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
May be attendingEdit
- Hopefully. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 00:05, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Its in the diary. ClemRutter (talk) 11:19, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
- I’m under 15, interested in the Wikimedia Foundation, might be going despite jet lagging. Fungster (talk) 06:21, 20 June 2019 (UTC) I am just very not sure due to privacy reasons. My sister will probably antagonize me. Fungster (talk) 13:06, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
- Hopefully, for my first meet. Gog the Mild (talk) 13:38, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 09:27, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sdrawkcab (talk) 18:28, 5 July 2019 (UTC)
- Kirby Steve (talk) 17:07, 6 July 2019 (UTC)
- Flugs (talk) 14:45, 10 July 2019 (UTC)
Whispyhistory (talk) 17:13, 13 July 2019 (UTC)
Interested but not attendingEdit
- This is probably going to be an interesting one, as the first meetup post-Framgate, but I am seemingly going to Wimbledon instead. Can't make August either, so will see you all in September. Amakuru (talk) 11:45, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
- Likewise I’d love to catch up with everyone on this but will be out of the country. Mccapra (talk) 15:31, 30 June 2019 (UTC)
- Alas, I'm booked to take the family to Brighton. See you next time. Broichmore (talk) 10:44, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Be sure to keep an eye on the cricket, Sunday could be a very special day! Richard Nevell (talk) 18:13, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
- Whispyhistory (talk) 08:23, 14 July 2019 (UTC)
About the meetupEdit
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's OakEdit
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles; 950m), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.