Add your name to this list if you can make it to our second meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
|London 149||8 December|
|Cambridge 42||14 December|
|Hong Kong 122||23 November|
|Oxford 78||17 November|
|London 148||10 November|
|Beijing 17||6 October|
|Shenyang 3||13 September|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Glasgow Wikimedia Meetup Number 2Edit
Date and time: Sunday 18th August 2013. 1.00 pm onwards.Edit
Location: The Sir John Moore, 260-292 Argyle Street, City of Glasgow G2 8QW.Edit
Please also invite any Glasgow Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Yes Philafrenzy (talk) 10:58, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, will come over from Edinburgh Lee Bunce (talk) 15:26, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe, will see what happens :) [stwalkerster|talk] 14:15, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. --Oswin Oswald (talk) 22:51, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, hope to be able to come over from Edinburgh as well! ACrockford (talk) 13:10, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- There's an editathon happening with Glasgow Women's Library on 16th November - venue tbc - which came out of the blog post from last time
- Because of that I asked Katie if a Train the Trainers event could be held in central Scotland beforehand
- You'll probably know that the Wikimedian in Residence started at the NLS yesterday and hopefully she'll come along for a drink
- and finally, I've got an online meeting on 15th July to discuss Wikimedia issuing Open Badges
About the meet upEdit
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
The Sir John Moore is a Wetherspoons pub near Glasgow Central station. Wifi and food are available.
How to spot usEdit
It's easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia lapel badge or similar. We plan on being as close to the entrance as possible but may be further in or upstairs if the pub is crowded.