A plan for expanding the Luganda Wikipedia language version.
- Mr. Louis Kakinda, lecturer in Luganda and Computer studies at Makerere University
- Paul Kiguba, Deputy Headteacher, Kisubi Mapeera S.S.
- Dan Frendin, teacher in Kalmar
- Jan Ainali, CEO Wikimedia Sverige
An editorial team of 15 Luganda lecturers/specialists was identified. These consist of lecturers from eight universities in Uganda that offer Luganda as a course of study.This is a strategy aimed at minimizing costs. These lecturers will easily mobilize their students to join the translators' team. The translators should be trained/inducted in 2 -3 day course so that everyone knows what to do. At the end of the exercise they should be awarded a certificate. This certificated should be awarded jointly by Makerere University and Wikimedia Sverige. For one to be a translator, they must hold at least a diploma in a Luganda-related discipline or be undergraduate Luganda students.
- Identify and recruit a Team of Translators that could translate over 100, 000 relevant articles from English to Luganda. October 2013
- Use radio, sms, Buganda Kingdom, Luganda Teachers' Association and any other means to mobilize a team of at least 1000 competent translators.
- Putting in place an Editorial Team that would approve or disapprove articles in Luganda. September 2013
- Campaign to be advertised to all Stakeholders. October - November 2013
- Have the Editorial team educated on how Wikipedia works.
- Decide upon which articles are to be translated.
- Have the Editorial team agree to those articles.
- Identify, acquire and install CAT software.
- Agree on house rules.
- Develop terminologies and populate the Translation Memory.
- Have the Translation team educated on how Wikipedia works and the new techniques of English-Luganda translation.
January - JuneEdit
- Have the translation team translate the chosen articles.
- Have the editorial team review and approve the translated articles.
- Name ..
- Name ..
|1.||Kakinda T. Louis||Makerere University|
|2.||Dr. Mulumba Mathias Bwanika||Makerere University|
|3.||Masembe Edward||Makerere University|
|4.||Kabugo David||Makerere University|
|5.||Prof Masagazi F. Masaazi||Makerere University|
|6.||Dr. Jackson Kizza Mukasa||Makerere University|
|7.||Ssentanda Medad||Makerere University|
|8.||Nakandi Rehema Mayanja||Kyambogo University|
|9.||Naddumba Annet||Kyambogo University|
|10.||Jjuuko Leonard||Nkumba University|
|11.||Matovu Charles||Kisubi Brothers University|
|12.||Kaweesi Emmanuel||Kisubi Brothers University|
|13.||Ntulume Chrisestom||Uganda Christian University|
|14.||Nabicu Sarah||Kampala International University|
|15.||Kabanda Abbey||Muteesa 1 Royal University|
|16.||Kaye John||Muteesa 1 Royal University|
|17.||Lukwago Rashid||Kampala University|