Zıwani binan de:
- "Local chapter/s" redirects here. To see other possible uses, see Chapters, a disambiguation page.
Wikimedia chapters are independent organizations founded to support and promote the Wikimedia projects within a specified geographical region (country). Like the Wikimedia Foundation, they aim to "empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally". 38 chapters currently exist on every continent of the world (except Antarctica).
This page lists current and planned chapters. Please see the Step-by-step chapter creation guide and the Local chapter FAQ for more information. A Chapters committee exists to aid the creation of, and to support, local chapters.
There are currently 38 recognised Wikimedia chapters. See also the list of Wikimedia chapters that joined the WCA.
Chapters in active preparation to become a Local Chapter. Please provide a link to a page on meta with more detailed information (with a short summary in English) and provide a contact for questions about the present state.
- A yellowish background means chapters are currently in active contact (as of the "last update" date) with the Chapters Committee;
- A light grey background means awaiting an update (from the proposed Chapter? from ChapCom?)
- A light blue background means the ChapCom has asked the Board to approve the Chapter's formation.
You should add here any chapter that is under discussion to be started up. Please provide link to a page (in meta) with more detailed information (at best with a short summary in English) and provide a contact for questions about the present state.
- A yellowish background means organizations are currently in active contact (as of the "last update" date) with the Chapters Committee;
- A light grey background means awaiting an update (from the proposed Organization? from ChapCom?)
- A light blue background means the ChapCom has asked the Board to approve the Organization's formation.
See the Local chapter FAQ to understand what a local chapter is, and what it entails to create a new one. If you wish to create a local chapter, follow the step-by-step chapter creation guide. In case you have any questions, contact the chapters committee.
- Wikimedia Belgium - People who are interested can sign up at wmbe:Founding/Interested people.
- Wikimedia Galiza – In discussion and calling for supporters. Discussion and planning going on at w:gl:Wikipedia:Wikimedia Galiza.
- Wikimedia United States of America – just some notes for anyone interested in discussing it. (Mailing list)
- Wikimedia United States Chapters Council – an alternative approach based on local metro-level chapters.
- Wikimedia Cascadia - a chapter in the Pacific Northwest, probably based in Seattle
- Wikimedia Texas – Possibility of a chapter for Texas and the south-central United States
- Wikimedia Oklahoma – Possibility of a chapter for Oklahoma
- Wikimedia Florida – Possibility of a chapter for Florida
- Wikimedia Japan – 設立の是非について投票中です。 The page reads "There are currently no active arguments to establish a local Japanese chapter, mainly because very few Japanese language community members are interested in it. Lack of legal knowledge and accounting skills amongst the community is also a large contributing factor."
- Wikimedia Mainland China – 准备讨论 zh:Wikipedia:中国维基媒体协会/筹备 The former page is a list of legal requirements, the latter is a discussion of creating the chapter, though discussion seems to have mostly died in 2009.
- Wikimedia Nepal विकिमिडिया नेपाल Has begun regular meetups and discussions from 17th July, 2010. Nepal has organized three different formal programs on Wikipedia i.e. Wiki-10 Kathmandu (15 Jan, 2010), Wikipedia 11th Anniversary (15 Jan, 2011) and विकि-१० Tenth Anniversary of Nepali Wikipedia (3 June, 2012).
- Wikimedia Uganda – Initiating discussion and calling for supporters. "It is time to set the Pearl."
- Wikimedia Tunisie – in discussion.
- Wikimedia Maroc – in discussion.
- Wikimedia Ghana - in discussion.
- Wikimedia New Zealand is being discussed.
- Wikimedia São Paulo – In discussion and calling for supporters, a regional Brazilian alternative.
- Wikimedia Ecuador – Calling for supporters and writing bylaws.
- Wikimedia Costa Rica – Calling for supporters.
Bıvine Wikimedia chapters/Summaries
This may be partially outdated; in alphabetical order by country codes:
[AM] Wikimedia Armenia (Armenia)Edit
- Supervision Commission
- Mher Bekaryan (Treasurer, Administrative Officer)
- David Sargsyan (Event Manager)
- Artur Khumaryan (Local Project Coordinator)
- Mari Avetisyan (Administrative Coordinator)
- Ashot Janibekyan (Technical Manager)
- Violla Mosikyan (Wikipedia trainings coordinator)
[AR] Wikimedia Argentina (Argentina)Edit
- Ivana Lysholm, president
- Galileo Vidoni, vice-president
- Mariano Pérez, secretary
- Ivana Molena, vice-secretary
- Nicolás Giorgetti, treasurer
- Patricio Molina, vice-treasurer
- Andrea P. Kleiman, member
- Esteban Zárate, member
- Jorge Abreu, member
- Leandro Kibisz, alternate member
- Beatrice Murch, alternate member
- Malena Lorente, audit committee
- Nahuel Kahles, audit committee
- Lucas A. Reynoso, audit committee
- Anna Torres Adell, executive director
- Giselle Bordoy, communications manager
- Luisina Ferrante, education manager
- Constanza Verón, community manager
[AT] Wikimedia Österreich (Austria)Edit
Elected 2018-06-02 until 2020.
- Ulrike Zeller president
- Thomas Planinger deputy president
- Beppo Stuhl secretary
- Michael Karolzak vice-secretary
- Arno Grumbeck treasurer
- Friedrich Schipper vice-treasurer
- Martina Oesterreich adviser
- Philip Kopetzky adviser
- Claudia Garád Executive Director
- Raimund Liebert Head of Programs
- Annemarie Buchmann Project Manager
- Manfred Werner Project Manager
- Bettina Windischhofer Administrative Assistant
[AU] Wikimedia Australia (Australia)Edit
Committee (elected 13 September 2020):
- Alex Lum, president
- Caddie Brain, vice-president
- Steve Crossin, secretary
- Pru Mitchell, treasurer
- Amanda Lawrence, ordinary member
- Jacinta Sutton, ordinary member
- Sam Wilson, ordinary member
- Tom Hogarth, ordinary member
[BD] Wikimedia Bangladesh (Bangladesh)Edit
- Tanvir Rahman, president
- Ankan Ghosh Dastidar, secretary
- Masum Al Hasan, treasurer
- Ali Haidar Khan, Member
- Mayeenul Islam, Member
- Moheen Reeyad, Member
- Shabab Mustafa, Member
- Subrata Roy, Member
- Tanweer Morshed, Member
[BE] Wikimedia Belgium (Belgium)Edit
See wmbe:Board for an overview of the board positions within Wikimedia Belgium.
- Board members (2021)
- Chair: Geert Van Pamel - User:Geertivp - geert [at] wikimedia.be in Dutch, English, or French.
- AnneJea - User:AnneJea - annejea [at] wikimedia.be in French and English.
- Mike - User:Taketa - mike [at] wikimedia.be in Dutch, or English.
- Sam - User:Sam.Donvil - sam [at] wikimedia.be in Dutch, or English.
[CA] Wikimedia Canada (Canada)Edit
In 2021, the Board of Directors is:
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf, President
- Michael David Miller, Vice President
- Ha-Loan Phan, Secretary
- Guillaume Lafrance, Treasurer
- Benoit Rochon, Board member
- Catherine Bernier, Board member
- Jean-Michel Lapointe, Board member
- Thérèse Ottawa, Board member
- Sarah Severson, Board member
[CH] Wikimedia CH (Switzerland)Edit
- Muriel Staub, president
- Mauro Cassina, board member
- Matthias Nepfer, board member
- Jon Becker, board member
- Neko Rama, board member
- Cathérine Janssens, board member
[CL] Wikimedia Chile (Chile)Edit
- Carlos Figueroa, president
- Marco Correa, vice-president
- Claudio Loader, secretary
- Osmar Valdebenito, treasurer
- Dennis Tobar, board member
- Luis Cristóbal Carrasco, board member
[CO] Wikimedia Colombia (Colombia)Edit
[CZ] Wikimedia Česká republika (Czechia)Edit
Board and Audit committee elected by the general assembly.
- Board Members
- Audit committee
[DE] Wikimedia Deutschland (Germany)Edit
Board elected in 2020:
- Lukas Mezger (chair)
- Daniel Reisener (treasurer)
- Sabria David (vice-chair)
- Alice Wiegand (vice chair)
- Kilian Kluge
- Christina Dinar
- Valerie Mocker
[DK] Wikimedia Danmark (Denmark)Edit
- Board Members
- Thyge Larsen, revisor (auditor)
- Simon Van Studinski, revisor (auditor)
[EE] Wikimedia Eesti (Estonia)Edit
- Board Members: (starting from: 2021-07-18)
- Audit committee:
- Madis Maasing
- Gea Kangilaski
- Käbi Laan, office manager
[ES] Wikimedia España (Spain)Edit
See https://www.wikimedia.es/inicio/nuestro-trabajo/ for a current list and biographies of board members.
- President: Florencia Claes
- Vice-president: Mentxu Ramilo Araujo
- Secretary: Ana Porras
- Treasurer: Pedro Pacheco
- Board member: Ester Bonet
- Board member: María Bolado
- Board member: Santiago Navarro Sanz
[FI] Wikimedia Suomi (Finland)Edit
- Jaakko Pirinen, president, board member since 2018
- Tero Toivanen, vice president, board member since 2017
- Hanna Mäki, secretary, board member since 2018
- Tove Ørsted, GLAM, new member
- Kimberli Mäkäräinen, languages
[FR] Wikimédia France (France)Edit
See https://www.wikimedia.fr/conseil-dadministration/ for a current list and biographies of board members.
[GB] Wikimedia UK (United Kingdom)Edit
See wmuk:board for a current list and biographies of board members.
[HU] Wikimédia Magyarország (Hungary)Edit
- Board: (elected: 2020-11-21)
- Supervisory committee: ((re-)elected: 2018-05-19)
[ID] Wikimedia Indonesia (Indonesia)Edit
Board of Trustees (Dewan Pengawas, 24 Jan 2019-31 Dec 2021):
Board of Executives (Dewan Pengurus, 24 Jan 2019-31 Dec 2021):
- Biyanto Rebin, Chair
- Ivonne Kristiani, Deputy Chair
- Rachmat Wahidi, Secretary-General
- Hillun Vilayl Napis, Deputy Secretary-General
- Djohan Satria Hasibuan, Treasurer
- Thirza Ria Vandari, Deputy Treasurer
[IL] Wikimedia Israel (Israel)Edit
- Board Members
- Audit committee
- Sandra Zonensein
- Orit Simon
- Other major functions
- Michal Lester, executive director
[IN] Wikimedia India (India (derecognized))Edit
- Rahul Deshmukh (President)
- Sanket Oswal (Treasurer)
- Yohann Thomas (Secretary)
- Viswanathan Prabhakaran
- Santosh Shingare
For biographical summaries, please visit Wikimedia India Chapter Executive Committee Members
[IT] Wikimedia Italia (Italy)Edit
- Iolanda Pensa, president
- Stefano Dal Bo, vice-president
- Paolo Mauri, secretary
- Marta Cecilia Pigazziini, treasurer
- Lucia Marsicano, members liaison
[MX] Wikimedia México (Mexico)Edit
- Carmen Alcázar, president
- José Flores, vice-president
- Paulina Lordméndez, secretary
- Claudia Muñoz, treasurer
- Jackeline Bucio, board member
- Luis Alvaz, board member
- Omar Sandoval, board member
[NL] Wikimedia Nederland (Netherlands)Edit
A new board was elected on April 13, 2019. On April 18, 2020 two members resigned according to the roster of appointments. The current members of the board:
- Justus de Bruijn, secretary
- Lizzy Jongma, open knowledge and partnerships
- Bart Nieuwenhuis, treasurer
- Jan Bart de Vreede, çhair
- Michel Wesseling, sponsorships
- Lotte Belice Baltussen, open knowledge and partnerships
- Heleen Ririassa, communications
[NO] Wikimedia Norge (Norway)Edit
Updated 2019-03-31 Elected board as of annual meeting 9 March 2019:
- Hogne Neteland chairman
- Andrea Hegdahl Tiltnes vice-chairperson
- Sigrun Espe board member
- Tore Sætre – board member
- Trond Trosterud – treasurer
- Hilde Blix assistant member of the board*
[PL] Wikimedia Polska (Poland)Edit
Board is elected by General Assembly for a two-year term. Board elected in 2020:
- Michał Buczyński (Aegis Maelstrom), president
- Wojciech Tadeusz Mężyk (WTM), treasurer
- Szymon Grabarczuk (Tar Lócesilion), vice-president
[PT] Wikimedia Portugal (Portugal)Edit
A new board was elected on September 1, 2018. The current members of the board:
- General Assembly
- Supervisory Board
[RS] Викимедија Србије (Serbia)Edit
- Miroslav Loci, President, chairman
- Miljan Simonović, vice-president
- Filip Maljković
- Đorđe Stakić
- Bojana Satarić
- Teodora Lukić
- Ivana Madžarević, Community and Project Manager
- Nebojša Ratković, Education Program Manager
- Gorana Gomirac, GLAM Program Manager
- Bojan Cvetanović, Office Manager
[RU] Викимедиа РУ (Russia)Edit
[SE] Wikimedia Sverige (Sweden)Edit
- Mattias Blomgren, chairman
- Sven-Erik Jonsson, treasurer
- Bengt Oberger, member
- Ylva Pettersson, member
- Brit Stakston, member
- Sofie Jansson, member
- Per Hasselberg, member
- Johanna Berg, member
- Sofie Wennström, member
[TW] Wikimedia Taiwan (Taiwan)Edit
See the Chapter page.
[UA] Wikimedia Ukraine (Вікімедіа Україна) (Ukraine)Edit
See the Chapter page.
[US-DC] Wikimedia District of Columbia (United States)Edit
[US-NYC] Wikimedia New York City (United States)Edit
[UY] Wikimedia Uruguay (Uruguay)Edit
- Rodrigo Barbano, president
- Mariana Fossatti, secretary
- Jorge Gemetto, treasurer
- Gustavo Ginares, ordinary member
[VE] Wikimedia Venezuela (Venezuela)Edit
- Oscar Costero, president
- Tomás Guardia, vice-president
- Ybsen Manuel Lucero, treasurer
- Kevin Landaeta, secretary
- Jin Kadaba, spokesperson
[ZA] Wikimedia South Africa (South Africa)Edit
- Chapters Council, a proposed central organization for chapters intended to promote coordination and accountability. See Wikimedia Chapters Association.
- Regional Cooperation Initiative for Ibero-America (Iberocoop)
- Wikimedia United States Chapters Council
- Central and Eastern European Wikimedia Group
- Wikimedia Asia, a regional cooperation initiative for chapters and working groups in Asia and Australia.
Listey mailan u wikiyEdit
Apart from public mailing lists (most notably Chapters-reports) and websites listed elsewhere, there are two main private channels for communication and coordination among chapters, which existing chapters must follow and participate in:
- Internal wiki and Internal-l – Local Chapters, board and officers coordination: each chapter can subscribe an unlimited number of board members (as of 13th August 2010), with an e-mail to the list admin by the president; additional members can be subscribed following the usual procedure (endorsement by a subscribed person + consensus on wiki);
- Chapters wiki and chapters-l for discussions and decisions among chapters: each chapter can subscribe unlimited board members (and some staffer) and an email by the president of the chapter to the list admins with the list of email addresses to add/remove is the usual process; there are also other lists for working groups, generally subsets of the previous one, apart some more open lists (e.g. GLAM).