Learning patterns/Track project hours in Google Calendar
A learning pattern forproject management
created on07:41, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
What problem does this solve?Edit
How can we use Google Calendar to track of how many hours we have spent on a project?
What is the solution?Edit
- We can use keywords like LearnWiki, or tags like #MyProjectName or #Project-2015-01, so that we can easily find all of the time that we marked on our calendars for the project.
- We can use colors on our calendars to make it easier to identify project time by color.
- We can create custom shared calendars for projects that we share with other people on our project team.
Things to considerEdit
- There are other kinds of calendar software available, such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Time management for projects becomes increasingly complex under circumstances such as:
- More people become involved
- New milestones are added
- Multiple budgets are be billed for the same project
- People using different kinds of calendaring or project management software are collaborating on the same project.
- If custom calendars are created, then people need to know how to manage multiple calendars and check them regularly.
- It is possible to overlay multiple calendars.