Learning patterns/How User Groups can select Wikimedia Conference Delegates
What problem does this solve?Edit
Wikimedia movement affiliates are supposed to select delegates for Wikimedia Conference every year. While Chapters and experienced User Groups have some of governance but new User Groups lag in this regard. This can lead to conflict between the community and the User Group members.
What is the solution?Edit
There can be a number of ways to select the appropriate delegates in User Groups with no governance, such as voting by the community. This can be problematic because in such groups it will merely become an election in which people without any major organizational activity can do Canvassing to promote themselves.
The solution which will help in selecting the appropriate candidates without harming community health are:
- A special committee such as the Wikimania Scholarship Committee can be formed which helps User Groups with no governance to select the appropriate candidates. This can be optional where the User Group decides whether they want committee's assistance or not.
- Another solution is that experienced affiliates can be asked to help inexperienced affiliates to set up a governance before selecting delegates.
- Another solution is that Foundation staff can themselves intervene and select the appropriate candidates.
Things to considerEdit
- Selection of candidates should not in any way become an election where merely getting more votes becomes the task.
When to useEdit
- While selecting candidates for the Wikimedia Conference.
- I would like to help guiding and assisting the participant and also involved towards various service which will help communicate with all. Ill show positive aspects of to the community, will share and care people who needs some assist. Identify issues and/or opportunities for collecting data. Explore organizational culture and help other follow the event privacy. Mohamedudhuman05 (talk) 04:01, 30 December 2016 (UTC)