Learning patterns/Edit 1 and Challenge 1
created on29 May, 2014
What problem does this solve?Edit
New editors are too intimidated to make there first edit.
What is the solution?Edit
- Please pick a friend who has never edited before.
- Ask them to make an edit. Any edit in any language.
- Please have them write one paragraph about their experience.
- Have them send it to lila at wikimedia dot org with the subject: #1 
- Overall I wish I had this on video. It is a bit like an experience of a kid making their first goal. Exhilarating.
When to useEdit
- Anytime you encounter someone who starts talking about Wikipedia, and who has never edited before.