Iranian Wikimedians User Group/Wikiconference Iran 2016
Iranian Wikimedians User Group is planing to hold first nation-wide wikiconference in Ahvaz, conference would consist of several sessions and workshops and possibly onsite edit-a-thon. Conference would be held between Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4, 2016.
Conference website is now open for submission. We have already invited several scholars to give lecture about Wikipedia and sister project situation. Conference is seeking to achieve following goals.
- Promote the Wikimedia Movement and Wiki Projects in Iran, There are several languages spoken in the country where they have wikipedia for themselves, Like Azeri, kurdish, Mazandari and Gilaki and Farsi.
- Adopt Wikimedia projects in the Educational sector (Wikipedia Education Program);
- Promote Creative Commons movement;
- Establish sustainable communication among Wikimedia communities;
- Increase educational content in native languages;
- Issues in establishing Wikimedia Local Chapter and CC Affiliate Team; Wikimedia Iran