CIS-A2K/Indic Languages/Current Activities
(Redirected from India Access To Knowledge/Indic Languages/Current Activities)
- Interacted with Prof. Ashwin Kumar of Tumkur University to organize a Kannada Wikipedia workshop. Simultaneously held talks with Kannada wikipedians Om Shivaprakash, Harish, Tejus, and Pavithra. A Kannada Wiki Workshop was organised at Tumkur University on September 15, 2012.
- Holding discussions with Prof. Ashwin Kumar and the Kannada wiki community to start a small education program in Kannada Wikipedia.
- Holding private conversations with a professor from the Gauhati University to examine the possibility of beginning an Assamese Wikipedia education program. Parallely doing private and some public (mainly FB) conversations (for example, 1, 2) with Assamese wikipedians. Interacted Assamese wikipedians like Jyoti, Bishnu, Prabhakar, and Gitartha.Introduced Nitika to Assamese wikipedians to take the project forward.
- Sent a reminder mail to the Language Committee about the creation of Assamese wikisource.
- Created bugs to enhance the typing scheme for Punjabi language. Bug 1, Bug 2. None of the current typing schemes are not completely ready for use due to the difference in the typing schemes.
- Some new and old users had got in touch regarding two users who were/are active in English Wikipedia using en Wikipedia policies to terrorize Punjabi wiki editors. The conversations they are having with other users show that they are extremely hostile to the other users. I have seen similar conversations in English Wikipedia. This type of attitude towards new and existing users is harmful for any Indic languages. I have alerted stewards about this.
- Adhoc support to Malayalam wikipedia education program.
- Provided support and advice to Sanskrit Wiki community to finish the translation of Mediawiki messages. The translation of messages are complete now.
- Request mail for Sanskrit Wikiquote was sent to the Language Committee.
- Held discussions with British Library, Chandigarh to set up a WikiClub. A meetup will be organized in October.
- Held discussions with American Library for setting up a WikiClub for the library members. A meetup will be organized in October.
- Provided support for Punjabi Wikipedians Guglani, Satdeep and Prof.Gurpal Singh, Punjab University for a Punjabi wiki meetup in Government College for Boys, Chandigarh. Workshop is scheduled for the 3rd/4th week of October.
- Held discussions with TLabs to conduct a workshop for their employees.
- Reached out to photographers in Cuttack and Bhubaneswar for a photowalk.
- Prepared (How-to take part in WLM guide).
- Designed outreach presentation for Odia Wikipedia outreach
- Provided support to Bengali Wikipedian Tanmoy Khan for creating a shorter How-to-Edit Bengali Wikipedia as new wikipedians having low bandwidth might find it difficult to view the current video
- Held discussions with Punjabi Wikipedians on admin interference issues. Due to privacy concerns the details can't be made public.
- Provided support to Swetapadma for fixing the venue for Odia Wikipedia Workshop in Hyderabad.
- Daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly tracking for active editor's contribution for various outreach sessions.
- Provided administrative support to Delhi Office.