IRC office hours/Office hours 2013-07-18 (2)

Meeting on Funds Dissemination Committee eligibility
18 August 2013
1600-1700 UTC

[15:50:30] <KatyLove>	 Hi everyone, we'll be starting the FDC eligibility conversation in 10 minutes.
[16:01:22] <KatyLove>	 Welcome everyone !
[16:02:24] <KatyLove>	 We're getting things set up here.
[16:02:49] <KatyLove>	 So, let's get started.
[16:03:13] <KatyLove>	 Who is here in the room? Any entities who submitted Letters of Intent to the FDC?
[16:03:25] <wolliff>	 Hello, everyone!
[16:03:35] <KatyLove>	 Here on our end, it is me, Katy - the Senior Program Officer for the Funds Dissemination Committee.
[16:03:43] <KatyLove>	 Also, Winifred is here, our Grants Administrator.
[16:04:13] <KatyLove>	 Garfield Byrd, the Chief Financial Officer.
[16:04:27] <KatyLove>	 Tony Le, the Controller.
[16:04:48] <KatyLove>	 We've got a good mix of WMF staff from the Finance side, as they oversee the FDC eligibility.
[16:05:04] <KatyLove>	 And then Winifred and I are, of course, FDC staff.
[16:05:20] <KatyLove>	 Anyone else here in the room that has joined for the eligibility conversation?
[16:06:03] <KatyLove>	 Let's wait a few minutes and see if anyone joins us to talk about eligibility.
[16:07:00] <KatyLove>	 Anyone else out there? Anyone who is NOT interested in eligibility for the FDC? :)
[16:08:16] <marktraceur>	 KatyLove: People are here, so, if you have a spiel, it's best to do it on-time-ish I'd think
[16:08:23] <marktraceur>	 There are also logs
[16:08:26] <KatyLove>	 OK, thanks!
[16:08:33] <KatyLove>	 Let me start with a spiel then.
[16:09:10] <KatyLove>	 So 17 entities submitted Letters of Intent to the FDC.
[16:09:23] <KatyLove>	 This is the first step for applying to funding for the FDC.
[16:10:07] <KatyLove>	 The 17 entities that submitted Letters of Intent have been included in the eligibility table.
[16:10:12] <KatyLove>	 This table, which can be found here:
[16:11:00] <KatyLove>	 lets entities know  whether they are in the "YES" category (meaning they are eligible) "Yes IF" category (meaning they will be eligible if they complete open gaps) or "No" category (meaning they are ineligible.
[16:11:16] <KatyLove>	 This is based on the eligibility criteria, found here:
[16:11:48] <KatyLove>	 Each entity can review its current eligibility gaps (say, a missing report) here on a more detailed table:
[16:12:20] <KatyLove>	 In addition, the FDC  staff are following up with all chapters individually to clearly outline what their gaps are, and help them understand it.
[16:12:51] <KatyLove>	 *chapters was wrong -- I meant all entities who submitted a Letter of Intent.
[16:12:52] <KatyLove>	 :)
[16:13:21] <KatyLove>	 All of the gaps must be closed by September 15, so entities have a few months to work to close these gaps.
[16:14:05] <KatyLove>	 In addition, this time around we have included a list of POTENTIAL gaps. These potential gaps are not currently outstanding, but are requirements that must be met during the course of the entire FDC review process (through the potential disbursement of funds).
[16:14:19] <KatyLove>	 This is a new addition in order to help all entities better manage their eligibility and know exactly what is upcoming and when.
[16:14:27] <KatyLove>	 We hope it will help and be an improvement from the last round.
[16:14:32] <KatyLove>	 So, that is my spiel!
[16:14:59] <KatyLove>	 It's a quiet room…perhaps everyone is absorbing it. :)
[16:16:01] <marktraceur>	 Any questions for KatyLove about FDC eligibility, or the current status of the FDC process?
[16:16:04] <KatyLove>	 Welcome, Anasuya Sengupta !
[16:16:12] <Anasuya>	 Katy
[16:16:16] <Anasuya>	 ...thanks!
[16:16:48] <KatyLove>	 Thanks marktraceur . Eagerly awaiting some questions.
[16:17:23] <jeremyb>	 ugh, 2 meetings at the same hour? :-(
[16:17:32] <marktraceur>	 jeremyb: Where's the other one?
[16:17:43] <jeremyb>	 marktraceur: wasn't QA supposed to be today?
[16:17:48] <marktraceur>	 Hm, dunno
[16:18:09] <marktraceur>	 I know Multimedia's doing one in 1.75 hours, though
[16:18:26] <KatyLove>	 I don't see any conflicting IRC here:
[16:19:11] <jeremyb>	 i'm not saying it's anyone's fault in particular
[16:19:27] <T13>	 It's addno's fault...
[16:19:36] <T13>	 :p
[16:20:06] <jeremyb>	 marktraceur: KatyLove:
[16:20:45] <marktraceur>	 Sigh.
[16:21:10] <marktraceur>	 Oh, jeremyb, that's not in here
[16:21:16] <jeremyb>	 right :)
[16:21:26] <KatyLove>	 Conflict averted.
[16:21:30] <KatyLove>	 Phew! :)
[16:21:37] <jeremyb>	 i just find it hard enough to be in only one place at once. let alone 2!
[16:21:42] <Anasuya>	 jeremyb: Besides, is there a significant overlap between browser automation and FDC eligiblity? ;-)
[16:21:56] <jeremyb>	 Anasuya: i think marktraceur is overlap?
[16:22:07] <Anasuya>	 jeremyb: I stand corrected. :-)
[16:22:19] <marktraceur>	 jeremyb: Hey man, I'm just always in this channel
[16:22:46] <KatyLove>	 Well, any questions, my friends?
[16:22:51] <marktraceur>	 I change topics and perform the equivalent of !ask for people who are starting their office hours :P
[16:23:01] <KatyLove>	 Thanks for your help @marktraceur !
[16:23:14] <KatyLove>	 Alrighty, seems no one is here to ask questions about the FDC eligibility.
[16:23:32] <KatyLove>	 If anyone has a question about it, at any point, though, please don't hesitate to reach out to us to ask for support:
[16:23:33] <marktraceur>	 KatyLove: Sorry :( looks like you have another meeting later, though! Maybe there'll be better luck then!
[16:24:04] <KatyLove>	 @marktraceur - it was yesterday here in the US, but it was today in other places.
[16:24:06] <KatyLove>	 :)
[16:24:10] <marktraceur>	 Ah
[16:24:25] <KatyLove>	 Alrighty--thanks to everyone for joining!
[16:24:39] <KatyLove>	 Thakns @Anasuya @Gbyrd @tony_ and @wolliff
[16:24:40] <jeremyb>	 bye garfield!
[16:24:41] <Anasuya>	 Bye, Jeremy and thanks, Mark!
[16:24:47] <jeremyb>	 bye Anasuya
[16:24:53] <jeremyb>	 oh, was that tle?
[16:24:55] <KatyLove>	 Bye @jeremyb  - hope you have a good other meeting with browser animation!
[16:25:06] <KatyLove>	 And thanks @marktraceur for moderating. :)
[16:25:09] <KatyLove>	 Ciao!
[16:25:57] <marktraceur>	 Oh, she left? I think that wsa supposed to last...longer, but OK
[16:26:41] <wolliff>	 Yes, we planned for an hour, but nobody was here to ask questions.
[16:26:50] <wolliff>	 I can stick around until the end of the hour in case anyone has questions.
[16:26:59] <wolliff>	 I'll let Katy know if anything comes up!
[16:27:25] <marktraceur>	 *nod*
[16:27:37] <marktraceur>	 It's possible someone shows up late and asks questions, this has happened in the past
[16:27:49] <wolliff>	 Sure. Well, we are ready and waiting if that happens.
[16:28:09] <wolliff>	 Also, anyone listening should note that entities may contact fdcsupport at wikimedia dot org with questions at any time.
[16:43:58] <addno>	 T13 not me!
[16:45:33] <T13>	 ... guilty...
[17:36:49] <JeanFred>	 Oh, there was a FDC office hour?
[17:37:03] <JeanFred>	 There are too many office hours to keep track of all >_>
[17:54:01] <fabriceflorin>	 Hi guys, if you are interested in multimedia, we invite you to join our community IRC chat today in 5 mins, at 18:00 UTC (11:00am PDT), on this 'office hours' channel . Learn more here:
[17:54:25] <brion>	 \o/