Human Rights Team/CEE Statement
|Overview||Human Rights and Wikimedia||HRIG||CEE Statement||Digital Safety||Glossary|
Statement on the Ongoing Crisis in Central and Eastern EuropeEdit
As a Foundation we continue to be deeply concerned on the ongoing situation in Central and Eastern Europe. Towards this, we continue to provide support through our Human Rights Team to Wikimedians who require assistance. The team can be reached through firstname.lastname@example.org for resources such as digital security, guides, and support networks. We urge everyone to be cautious and to surface safety and human rights concerns through private channels to avoid putting our fellow volunteers at risk.
As always, community members facing imminent threats of physical harm or persecution are encouraged to alert email@example.com. We greatly appreciate the ongoing close collaboration with many functionaries through such channels and conversations.
Wikimedia digital security best practicesEdit
- Limit exposing any personal information such as real name, used usernames, email, photos and IP address.
- If you wish to change your username please follow these instructions.
- Make sure your password is strong, unique and not saved on your browser.
- If there are pictures of yourself on Commons that you would like to have removed swiftly, email emergency wikimedia.org.
- To get your edits suppressed or block your account entirely, email emergency wikimedia.org or have a look at the Right to Vanish.