Welcome to our Project "Hello Santali"
- This is an e-scholarships WikiCite project to document, "Santali words", i.e. creating citations and bibliographic data for Santali spoken common words whose existence both spoken (pronunciation) or written are missing on Wikimedia projects like Wiktionary, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons(pronunciation as .wav files) and even on Wikipedia to a certain extent. To start with we expect to document around 200 Santali words.
- The activity had started and actually it is a 4 days (preferably saturdays/sundays) project. The exact days are subject to participants availability. We are expecting to complete the project by December 2020.
- The process will be to document the commons spoken words of the Santali language and make their presence felt online. We will be recording the audio files for each word by our team members, categorize them on Wikimedia commons, then link them with wikidata by creating wikidata items, adding all relevant statements, references, translations, pseudonyms, site links, and if possible with a quality image.
- The project will be completed by team members as listed in the team members section.
- The Santali language has been in use over thousands of years mainly in oral communication. Now, in order to broaden its utility, it has become necessary to document the Santali language in our Open Knowledge movement and make it freely available for everyone from anywhere. Our concern would be to find out how to guarantee the availability and accessibility of this information for our future generations and/or researchers.