Hardware donation program/acagastya
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you.
I have been editing Wikimedia projects since high school and often with someone else's computer/laptop/shared PCs in college library and cellphone. Getting a laptop, I will continue editing the projects, the ones mentioned below, and few others, as I pick them on the way. I would also be able to create, test and run bots which were used for Indic Wikisource discussion on IRC. At times, when I did not have laptop, I had written ~57 news articles in 60 days (Summer of 2016), and with a laptop, I will try to set the bar higher so that the ratio of number of articles per day exceeds one. My laptop which I was using “died” serving as a server for Indic Wikisource irc meet in February.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- English Wikinews
- English Wikipedia
- English Wikibooks
- Spanish Wikinews
- Hindi Wikinews
Work you are proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support Acagastya is one of the most prolific writers for English Wikinews and a computer should help them contribute much more easily. —Mikemoral♪♫ 06:36, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
- Strong support!--Ferdi2005 (Posta) 18:09, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support As Mikemoral says. --Pi zero (talk) 18:47, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Esteban (talk) 11:29, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support I've seen Acagastya working tirelessly on en.wikinews, including original reporting, and I understand he also works on other Wikimedia projects and runs outreach sessions, and travels frequently, so would really make good use of a laptop. Yngvadottir (talk) 17:26, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support --SleaY (talk) 18:37, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support Please, this contributor is just looking for a laptop with stable wifi. Not having one hinders the progress a fair bit. They applied for one at this page too... Thank you! Gryllida 18:46, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support-- Bertrand GRONDIN → (Talk) 11:18, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Micael D. (talk) 12:47, 23 March 2018 (UTC)